NPCs & Enemies New NPC: The Adventurer.

tecnojet

Steampunker
Who is he?
2f5727b71204031d45a8aa2d32cf3334.png
The adventurer is a pre-hardmode NPC that unlocks after the player has discovered 20% of the map. Above ground and belowground included. This means the player would have had to have explored a large portion of the surface or a small portion of the vast underground. The Adventurer is a good early game NPC as his function could be very useful.
What does he do?
This NPC is rather unique. He has the shop option and the Talk option but he also has a new option, Defend. If this is selected the player must pay a fee, depending on how much the player pays the NPC follows the player around the world and shoots hostile mobs In a effort to protect the player. In pre-hardmode he uses the revolver to attack hostile mobs and when it becomes hard mode he can be upgraded by paying him 10 gold coins in his shop. From then on he will wield a UZI. then again can be upgraded *for 15 gold* to wield a megashark after one mechanical has been defeated.
Dialogue?
This NPC has some dialogue.
" Have you ever visited Ahmsord? No? "
" I once went to this other world... It was really weird... It was... bad... And on a phone"
" Be careful of thin ice, I fell through a patch in a cave the other day, I almost died!"
" I saw a bunny get hit with a falling star the other day... It exploded into a million bits!"
" Have you ever heard of the five legendary pictures? They are rumored to be extremely rare paintings in the dungeon! My wife has one called Sparky!"
" Legend speaks of a ancient temple of lizard people deep within the underground jungle... But thats just a legend!"
" There is a society of mechanics called T-MEC, have you ever heard of them?"
" I visited another person a few days ago, they had a stardust dragon 100 feet long! In this world they are called... "Hackers" Spooky..."
" Theres this far off island made entirely out of blocks. The thing is, The people were 2 blocks tall and the vendors had very long noses..."
What does he sell?
In pre-hardmode he sells Some things.
Torch. 50 copper.
Rope. 50 copper.
Glowstick. 1 silver
Flashstick. 5 silver (This item is like a glowstick but 2 seconds after its thrown it lights up 4x brighter than a glow stick for 1 second.
Wormhole potion . 50 silver
Teleportation potion. 2 gold
Binoculars. 5 gold
Explorers map. 5 gold. (This item makes the discovery radius on the map 1.2x bigger)
Exploration Station. 5 gold. (This item is a tool that can be placed and is 5 long and 3 high, When It is right clicked it shows the map along with 'Nodes' that the player can add, name, colour and size)
Compass. 30 silver.

In hardmode he adds two things.
Tri-fold map. 15 gold
Upgrade.

Last edited:
I really love this idea, but, if his pre-hardmode weapon of choice is a revolver, players will rush to build a house and pay him the fee to follow them around and shoot other monsters, making him strong early game in my opinion. Also, what happens if he falls down a hole and can't reach the player? does he use a grappling hook? and whats the fee? I think this needs just a bit of tweaking, but I really love this! Good work!

" I once went to this other world... It was really weird... It was... bad... And on a phone"
are you ripping at how bad the mobile version of terraria is

because i like that

Jokes aside, I like the idea of this npc. I don't, however, like the shop items he has. The explorers map and flashstick are the only original things in it.

THESE REFRENCES ARE GOLDEN

Support.

But I do think he should have more original items. Maybe an exploration potion? makes the discovery radius on the map 1.5x bigger for some time?

Back
Top Bottom