NPCs & Enemies New NPCs: The Crafter, The Smelter, The Demon Crafter!

Should this be added?

• Yes, every one of them!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, none of them!

• Yes, but only the Crafter!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only the Smelter!

• Yes, but only the Demon Crafter!

• Yes, but not the Crafter!

• Yes, but not the Smelter!

• Yes, but not the Demon Crafter!

• Total voters

Traloc_Dheckoa

Terrarian
Crafter.png

HP: 250
Defense: 14
Drops: 1 Workbench(100%)

The Crafter is a NPC that will spawn commonly in the wilderness, and will not move into a house, like the skeleton merchant or the traveling merchant. When you are far away, the Crafter despawns and respawns near the player. What the Crafter does is he crafts things for you. You can use him like a portable workbench.

Quotes:
"I craft things for you for free, and you don't even say thank you."
"Have you ever imagined how heavy this thing could be?"
"Crafting is 1% inspiration and 99% Workbench."(Reference to Edison's Quote)
"You, my friend, should buy a workbench of your own."
"I once made a torch for someone, then he added some chemicals to it and changed it into a really bright torch."(Reference to the Traveling Merchant's Ultrabright Torch)
"A long time ago, a skeleton attacked me. I was so scared that I hit its head with a sword, and it got stuck. (Reference to the Headache Skeleton)

Names:
-Ayden
-Abbey
-Norman
-Lucas

The Crafter defends himself with a wooden sword.

Smelter.png

Defense: 15
Drops: 1 Furnace(100%)

The Smelter is a NPC that will spawn commonly in the wilderness, and will not move into a house. Like the Crafter, he will respawn near you if you are far. The smelter, alternatively from the Crafter, can be used as a portable furnace.

Quotes:
"You again? I'm almost out of fuel..."
"My friend keeps complaining that a workbench is heavy. Not at all compared to THIS!"(Reference to the Crafter)
"Be careful! I just spilled a bit of lava over there."
"What good is a customer if he doesn't pay you?"(If the Player is Male)
"What good is a customer if she doesn't pay you?"(If the Player is Male)
"What are you going to smelt today?"
"How come I always smelt cheap and useless ore? Why not LUMINITE or stuff?"(If the Player hasn't defeated Moon Lord)
"Copper. Boring."(If the player has copper in their inventory)

Name:
-Landon
-Oswald
-Grant
-Noel
-Greyson

The Smelter defends himself with a Blood Butcherer if it is a Crimson World and a Light's Bane if it is a Corruption World.

Demon Crafter.png
Altarless Demon Crafter.png
Bound Demon Crafter.png

Defense: 16
Drops: 1 Guide Voodoo Doll(22%), 1 Slime Crown(22%), 5-10 Demonite/Crimtane(100%), Suspicious Looking Eye(22%)

The Demon Crafter is a Town NPC that will move in when there is an empty house, and he has been found and rescued in the snow biome. He works as a demon altar. When the Demon Crafter sits, he puts his Altar on the table or workbench or whatever. When the player defeats the WoF, a new option pops up in the Demon Crafters dialogue, which says "Hardmode Ore". Choosing this causes the Demon Crafter's Altar to shatter, and a new hardmode ore to appear. After the Demon Crafter's Alter is shattered, he is completely useless. When the Demon Crafter dies with his Altar shattered, he has a 50% chance of respawning with a new Altar and a 50% chance of respawning without an Altar.

Quotes:

When Rescued:
"Oh, thank you! You freed me!"
"Good gracious me, I thought things like this only happens to goblins..."(Reference to the Goblin Tinkerer)
"What a lucky day!"

After Rescue:
"Ah, my savior has come again to craft something."
"You got enough lens? You just might be strong enough to face the optical menace..."(If Eye of Cthulhu hasn't been defeated)
"You ever seen a giant slime? Neither has I."(If King Slime hasn't been defeated)
"You did it! This world is completely free of evil!"(Post-Moon Lord)
"You may have been victorious against the Eye of Cthulhu, but can you keep up the pace? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"(Reference to the Twins)
"If you happen to lay your hands on the four elemental swords, come to me, I will create the ultimate weapon for you."(Reference to Night's Edge)
"Try to get as much as gel as you can. You'll need them."(Reference to how the slime crown needs a lot of gel)
"That thing, my friend, must be used in the jungle."(If the player has an Abeemination in their inventory)
"Get the Muramasa!"(If the player has all the materials to the Night's Edge except for Muramasa)
"Get the Blade of Grass!"(If the player has all the materials to the Night's Edge except for Blade of Grass)
"Get the Fiery Greatsword!"(If the player has all the materials to the Night's Edge except for Fiery Greatsword)
"Get the Light's Bane!"(If the player has all the materials to the Night's Edge except for Light's Bane)
"Get the Blood Butcherer!"(If the player has all the materials to the Night's Edge except for Blood Butcherer)
"Now craft the Night's Edge, your reward for getting all four swords!"(If the player has all the materials to the Night's Edge)

After Altar is shattered:
"Great, what am I gonna do now that I don't even have my altar?"
"Well, at least it's better than my head being shattered."
"It looks like my job is done."
"What are you looking at me for? I can't do anything now."
"Oh how I miss my altar, it was my best friend."
"Who are y-ha, the destroyer of my altar, huh?"

Respawned after Altar shattered:
"It only feels like yesterday since you made the Night's Edge..."(If the player has created the Night's Edge)
"You will soon be the master of the world."(If there are bosses left to kill)

Names:
-Keegan
-Emmanuel
-Quinton
-Ezra
-Gavin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support Banner
SupportBannerNOTWO.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom