New Project: Thematic Terraria Terrariums!

Squishy 2

Terrarian
I have been struggling for hours, upon hours to set up themed areas to show off furniture and armor/weapons/items. I have looked every which way for inspiration and finally have come up with something I absolutley love. I hope you like it too. Several folks have posted the terrarium style rooms and it truly clicked with me (finally) that this was the answer. Everything was hand build except for the glass outline. I am a perfectionist and I work full time so I only get to play at night and don't want to waste my time with glass blocks... so those were done in tedit. All items are, of course, legit though.

Check back often for updates! I will probably post once every day or every other day until I finish with the themes!

First up:

Pumpkin moon, Spooky Wood, and Pumpkins (or pun-kins as I like to call them)

SW4.jpg

These are pretty cool, but I think that you should hammer some parts of the spheres to make them circular and paint the glass and glass walls so that they match the color of the biome.

Anyways, keep on making these.

The tems in the rooms suit them just fine but the rooms themselves don't transition well to the dirt outside or to the topic of the room. Kinda rough, but I presume you'll smoothen out everything once you're done making them

The tems in the rooms suit them just fine but the rooms themselves don't transition well to the dirt outside or to the topic of the room. Kinda rough, but I presume you'll smoothen out everything once you're done making them
Thanks for the input! I am trying to figure out what to put around them still. Any suggestions? I don't know that I will have any transition between the different rooms though, because there isn't a lot of space, but again, I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks for the input! I am trying to figure out what to put around them still. Any suggestions? I don't know that I will have any transition between the different rooms though, because there isn't a lot of space, but again, I'm open to suggestions!
I was going to offer simple advice but I went overboard. Wall of text ahead.
Well I'd say something more thematic to the terrariums themselves, like painted blocks or smth. Transition to the dirt around it would be just as good if you pull it off right. Make them seem like portals that have created that area of their own world, and make it look like it's infecting the world - roots of painted blocks, squiggles of blocks around the central area, embedding themselves into the dirt of the Overworld, there is so much you can do if you do it right
BTW you aren't really making terrariums, you're making themed houses that are trying to be biome boxes. I'd suggest you scratch everything you've done so far and remake them with the proper grass (remember you can paint everything in this game, so be creative!), the proper blocks, and not a simple glass wall that makes it all look like, well, an attempt. Make it colourful,make it creepy, do what you must, even let them intercept if possible. Heck, you could let the Hallow face the Crimson and have it clashing into an area.
Basically you really are going about this the wrong way. Biome boxes have always had potential and your project would benefit from turning the themed bubbles into themed areas that may be a portal that has transported half a house into your world, or whatever. Be creative, don't just take a glass circle and put everything on some platforms or mannequins or in frames - do it proper. You can do it, so go!

Back
Top Bottom