NPCs & Enemies New REALM + New NPC (Extra-terrestrial)

This is a huge idea that I've been working on for quite a bit. It adds a new REALM, lots of new ores and items, new enemies, and also a new NPC! Let's go in order, I hope you enjoy!

New Enemy - Alien Commander
Damage - 200-270
Health - 2000-2500
Drops - Spaceship Core 100%, Wire 6-12 40%
Info - This is a rare enemy that spawns during the Martian Madness event. He is basically a maroon martian, that holds a piece of metal in his hand.

New Item - Spaceship Core

Info - This item can be used to craft the Mini Spaceship, a consumable item that brings you to SPACE! Combine this with 30 lead/iron in a hardmode anvil to create the Mini Spaceship.

New Item - Mini Spaceship
Info - This item can be activated. When activated, it will create the animation of you turning into a mini spaceship, and flying into the sky, out of view. This brings you, to Planet 86! This only is active for 30 minutes, and after 30 minutes you will see the same animation on Planet 86, bringing you back home.

-New Realm- Planet 86
Welcome... to Terraria's first realm! A realm is a place that you can go, but it is totally different and not located in your ordinary world. Realms can include special enemies, ores, and materials. Below, I will talk about the new materials/ores. Here is all the basic info about the realm first, though. Of course, you will also have low gravity, like in space.
Appearance- It mostly consists of a block called Alien Stone. It looks like stone, with a neon green tint.
Environment- On the surface, it is mostly a wasteland. Every so often, there is a Alien Tree, which looks like an entangled normal tree, with neon green leaves. This can be harvested for Alien Wood, and of course, made into all the basic things-Alien Wood Workbench, Alien Wood door, etc.
Day/Night cycle- The realm has a super-enhanced Day/night cycle. Unlike the normal world, Planet 86's nights and days both last 5 minutes each, making it very rapid.
Red Stars- Like Shooting Stars in the normal word, Red Stars are used to make Blood Mana, as well as used as ammo for the Starblazer.
Biomes- There are special biomes within Planet 86. These biomes have special enemies, materials, and more, which I will get into later. The biomes are:

• Alien Jungle - The jungle of Planet 86, it has dense bushes and Alien Trees. You can also harvest special fruit called Mangofruit from these trees when you chop them down, which can be eaten. They give replenish for 1 minute.
  • Wasteland - The opposite of the Mountain, this biome is known as the Desert of Planet 86. It has no Alien Trees, but instead have Alien Bushes, that resembles the Corruption Spikes, but are neon green.
  • Mountain - basically the terrain suddenly shoots up into a massive mountain. Unlike the semi-flat, easy to maneuver terrain of the normal word, Planet 86 has rough, difficult terrain.
Size- It is only half the size of whatever size world you chose, making it considerably smaller than the normal world. It goes down to a metal bar called The Bottom, that you can't break.
Events- Of course, a new realm will have its own collection of events. These also have their own enemies, which I will get to below in the enemies section. Here are 2:

• Acid Rain - Green rain falls from the sky. Basically, get under cover. If you touch the rain, it deals 50 damage a hit.
  • Meteor Shower - The background turns to meteors flying towards Planet 86, and Meteor Heads spawn all around.

Now, here is the new ores:
Splekar Ore - a neon green ore, requires 200% pickaxe power to mine.
Crafting - Alien Helmet (27 defense), Alien Chestplate (22 defense), Alien Leggings (16 defense)
Info - The commonest ore of the 2 Planet 86 ores.
Kalzur Ore - a neon yellow ore resembling the color of amber.
Crafting - Starblazer
Info - Rarer than Splekar Ore, this ore is only used for one new weapon, the Starblazer!

New Item - Starblazer
Info - The Starblazer uses Red Stars as ammo.
Damage - 46
Knockback - 6.5
Use time - 6

New Mana Concept - Blood Mana
With the addition of Red Stars, I also mentioned above that they would also be used to make Blood Mana, or enhanced mana. How does Blood Mana work? Well, it basically doubles how much mana you can store. It acts like the hearts + golden hearts - when you eat a Blood Crystal (crafted with 25 Blood Stars), one of your blue mana stars turns red, which signifies that it is now Blood Mana. Basically, when you use magic with Blood Mana, it used the red part of the stars first. Once all stars are golden, it then starts using the normal blue stars. For example, if you have full blood mana, it will first go through all the red stars, turning each one blue after it has been used, and then when it runs out of blood mana, it starts using the blue ones.

Okay, here's the part I think everyone has been waiting for...

The New Enemies

Of course, there will be loads of new enemies in Planet 86. Here is a big list of all of them:

Name: Foreign Alien
Appearance: Neon green martian
Environment: Planet 86, everywhere
Damage: 200-240
Life: 1100-1400
Info: An enemy slightly rarer, and stronger than the Martian.
Drops: Silver Coins 20-36 100%

Name: Martian
Appearance: Light blue martian
Environment: Planet 86, everywhere
Damage: 180-220
Life: 1000-1350
Info: The "zombie" of Planet 86, except it comes out no matter the time. The commonest enemy.

Drops: Silver Coins 15-22 100%, Escape Pod 12%

New Item- Escape Pod
Info- If activated, you will leave Planet 86 early.

Name: Watcher
Appearance: Metal Orb that flies around, similar to Demon Eye
Environment: Planet 86, night
Damage: 190-240
Life: 1010-1250
Info: A silver orb that goes out at night, shooting red beams through walls
Drops: Foreign Chip 2%

New Item- Foreign Chip
Info - Summons a Watcher Minion that flies around and shoots yellow lasers at enemies.

Name: Martian Guard
Appearance: Looks like a Martian Officer, but rides a flying hover pad.
Environment: Planet 86. everywhere
Damage: 210-240
Life: 1200-1500
Info: Rare enemy
Drops: Wires 8-12 75%, Escape Pod 12%

Name: Alien Slime
Appearance: Neon green slime
Environment: Planet 86, daytime, underground
Damage: 170-210
Life: 800-1000
Info: The counterpart to the Martian enemy (above), the Alien Slime is a semi-common enemy found underground and the surface during the day
Drops: Gel 12-18 100%

Name: Meteor Golem
Appearance: Same color scheme as Meteor Heads.
Environment: Planet 86, Meteor Shower event
Damage: 250-275
Life: 1560-1800
Info: Unlike the Meteor Head, they walk on the ground and are extremely slow. When killed, they explode into a fire ball, dealing 60-75 damage
Drops: Magma Staff 5%

New Item - Magma Staff
Info - Uses mana, and shoots beams of lava that create explosions of fire upon impact, that remains for 4-6 seconds.
Damage - 64

Name: Acid Bat
Appearance: Neon green bat
Environment: Planet 86, Acid Rain event
Damage: 190-230
Life: 1400-1600
Info: Common spawn during Acid Rain event
Drops: Silver Coins

But now, the final part of my idea... the Extra-terrestrial NPC.
The Extra-terrestrial NPC would be an NPC resembling the Gray Grunts in the Martian Madness event, except he would be a neon green, whereas the normal green grunts are a mucky green. He would also have a gray space suit on, excluding the helmet. He can be found in the underground Planet 86, bounded up. Upon releasing him, he will attempt to battle you.

Name: Extra-terrestrial Prisoner
Appearance: Neon green alien in black and white prison shirt/pants
Environment: Planet 86, underground
Damage: 260-290
Life: 2000-2400
Info: Once you have the Extra-terrestrial NPC, he will no longer spawn.
Drops: Nothing

Once you defeat him, he will become an NPC, and peacefully walk around the cave. If you have an open room, he will move to that.
If an enemy attacks him, he will pull out a space gun and shoot lasers at them. Here is what he sells:

Strange Gadget (75 gold coins) [If living in Planet 86] - Summons mini UFO pet, that flies around after you.
Flying Bicycle (1 platinum) - Summons a blue bike mount that can fly similarly to the bee companion. It has a basket in the front, and is a tribute to the movie "ET".
Starjuice (30 silver coins) - Consumable, gives you low gravity effect for 5 minutes
Alienator [If defeated Moonlord] (1 platinum) - Accessory that you can equip, turns you into a martian while in Planet 86
Extenderlizer (50 gold coins) - Used to make the Large Spaceship. Combine with the Mini Spaceship in a hardmode anvil to create the Large Spaceship. Extends the time in Planet 86 by 15 minutes.

Possible Names - Squalzar, Ralbug, Jinon, Klopy, Ekle, Refot, ET, Thomas
Phrases:
When you go into his menu: "Welcome, human." "And she said I'm a pig..." "Make it quick." "Must you take light years to choose?"
When you buy something: "Be good!" "You could lose some weight..." "It's been a pleasure."

While this idea is pretty good and I fully support it, I think it's been mentioned many times in other threads that Terraria's game engine cannot handle multiple dimensions.

It's an interesting idea, but it needs a few tweaks:
  • The idea of blood mana just doesn't seem to fit the martian theme. Maybe a different name (I can't think of any right now) would fit the sci-fi theme just a little more.
  • Splekar ore- what class is it? (summoner, melee, ranged, magic...)
  • Kalzur ore- it should have more uses than just one weapon. maybe it could be used in a crafting recipe for the magma staff. the meteor golem could drop a magma core instead of a magma staff, and the magma core with the kalzur ore could make a magma staff

Back
Top Bottom