New to Terraria PC. Please help me with the map

I'm a former console player so. First off the PC version is completely different than the console version and I'm actually loving the differences. Expert mode is absolutely no joke. Different mobs provide a different approach. The UI is taking a very long time to adjust to but I'm loving all this because after 100's of hours on the console it feels like a new game which I love.

However

The biggest difference and the hardest to get used to is the map system. I'm so used to opening a area of a map around your player as apposed to only where light has reached. This is extremely difficult for finding ores, chests, certain biomes and just navigation.

Any tips on opening the map would be much appreciated. I already installed a map viewer but having to leave the game screen and look at another screen completely kills immersion for me. It's also still difficult to pinpoint your exact location and use a different map to navigate. I have Terramap from the wiki for what it's worth.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

"Opening the map"? I don't understand. Also what do you mean "It's also still difficult to pinpoint your exact location and use a different map to navigate"?

I played the mobile version before where you could view the map of the world instead of in a tiny minimap. The minimap is exactly what the name suggests: a miniature map. If you want to see the whole map (i.e. where you can swipe to take a look around the whole world), you should press 'M', or the key to which you rebound it.

Back
Top Bottom