PC New world won't load, no backup found anywhere

VinDolphin

Terrarian
My friend and I created a new world last night, we wanted to move our stuff from our 1.2 and 1.3 play-throughs to one world and have everything nice and clean, we moved a lot of our stuff over, and played for like ~8 hours. Today when I tried to open the world it wouldn't load and said no backup found, when I checked my saves folder it had all my other .wld and .wld.bak files but my newest world had no .bak file, as well as it had a copy in the recycle can (never trashed it?). The file in the trash was the world as it was when it was first generated but I couldn't find any version of it with our stuff?
I've tried verifying local files- it says one failed to validate and will be reaquired no matter how many times I do it.
redownloaded terrraria to no avail, then tried verifying cache again and it still failed to verify one file repeatedly
I'm running terraria on win 8.1, and am 100% I clicked save and quit when I finished playing, and had also clicked the button to move the world to cloud before we started playing it at all

Is there any way I can get this world- more specifically all the items we lost when we condensed two worlds with hundreds of hours on them into one new one back, or did I just loose?

Back
Top Bottom