Switch Nintendo Switch Problem

Microwave Man

Terrarian
Me and a friend were playing our multiplayer world (normal, medium, crimson, hardmode) and a pirate invasion started. They arrived and we started fighting them, but about 40% through my game froze and my friend disconnected. It had happened before, mostly during boss fights, so I was fine with it and knew what to do. I went to the home menu, closed the application and reopened it. I went into multiplayer, selected my character and selected our usual world. It got about 50% through ‘loading world data’ and then a message came up that said “load failed! No backup found.” I have it set to automatically back my data up. I went to the home menu, closed the application again, reopened it and tried again, this time in single player. The same thing happened. I then closed and reopened the application, chose my character and tried a different world. No problems. I went out into the home menu and tried manually backing it up. It finished, I tried again with our usual world, still no luck. Has anyone encountered this issue and if so, is there a fix? My friend’s WiFi isn’t the best if that helps. I also think the freezing only happens when I play on my TV, but I’m not too sure.

Me and a friend were playing our multiplayer world (normal, medium, crimson, hardmode) and a pirate invasion started. They arrived and we started fighting them, but about 40% through my game froze and my friend disconnected. It had happened before, mostly during boss fights, so I was fine with it and knew what to do. I went to the home menu, closed the application and reopened it. I went into multiplayer, selected my character and selected our usual world. It got about 50% through ‘loading world data’ and then a message came up that said “load failed! No backup found.” I have it set to automatically back my data up. I went to the home menu, closed the application again, reopened it and tried again, this time in single player. The same thing happened. I then closed and reopened the application, chose my character and tried a different world. No problems. I went out into the home menu and tried manually backing it up. It finished, I tried again with our usual world, still no luck. Has anyone encountered this issue and if so, is there a fix? My friend’s WiFi isn’t the best if that helps. I also think the freezing only happens when I play on my TV, but I’m not too sure.

I'm sorry you're having this issue and I'm sorry you've waited this long for a response.

There is a place here where you can report bugs directly to the dev, I suggest doing that. If I come across the link I'll come back here and post it.

This has happened to me, sadly I don't think there is a way to fix it. I personally would recommend laying off multiplayer until the next update hopefully fixes the problem. I believe this is caused by to many particles/entities being loaded at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom