No blood moons in over 10 hours

Elk

Terrarian
Ive been playing Terraria 1.3 with a friend Ive just bought the game for, we've been playing on a large, corrupt, non-expert world and have not encountered a single blood moon. Going off the Terraria wiki you just need 120 health for a blood moon to happen and we went into the caves and both had over 120 health within the first hour. Has the criteria changed for having a blood moon spawned? Because going off her steam account playtime and my characters time, we've played for about 10 hours on that world without having a single blood moon.

Even if the criteria has changed to make it easier for newer players so they don't experience it as early, we currently have also defeated several bosses, smashed many shadow orbs, have decent tier armour, both have over 300 hp and we have 8 NPCs moved in with at least a couple hours of play after each of those 'milestones'

I also have made an expert mode character/world and have played around 2 hours on it and alas, I have not experience a single blood moon on that world either.

Has the blood moon been made more uncommon, or is there some specific criteria you have to meet to get it spawning, or am I just experiencing god awful RNG?

Nah, I got a blood moon on my second night on my 1.3 expert world and I only smashed one heart crystal.

RNG Jesus just has a very special type of hatred against you guys

Back
Top Bottom