PS4 No life fruit in my hardmode jungle?

leelustig

Terrarian
Good day, Terrarians.
During my third playthrough of Terraria, this time on PS4, I've noticed that I haven't found a single life fruit since ushering my world into hardmode. I've grazed most of my underground jungle biome, not finding a single one. I tried beating the wall of flesh for a 2nd time, still nothing.
Is there some prerequisite that isn't listed on the wiki? I have yet to beat any of the hardmode bosses. Could that be a requirement to make life fruit start appearing? I doubt it....

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated.

Good day, Terrarians.
During my third playthrough of Terraria, this time on PS4, I've noticed that I haven't found a single life fruit since ushering my world into hardmode. I've grazed most of my underground jungle biome, not finding a single one. I tried beating the wall of flesh for a 2nd time, still nothing.
Is there some prerequisite that isn't listed on the wiki? I have yet to beat any of the hardmode bosses. Could that be a requirement to make life fruit start appearing? I doubt it....

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated.
Since console has some 1.3 mechanics, it may require defeating a mechanical boss for them to spawn.

Since console has some 1.3 mechanics, it may require defeating a mechanical boss for them to spawn.
Would they really have made a change like that? I know for certain that on my last two playthroughs, I couldn't beat a mech boss without maxing out my life fruit capacity. I don't think it's very possible to beat them without having max health first...

Would they really have made a change like that? I know for certain that on my last two playthroughs, I couldn't beat a mech boss without maxing out my life fruit capacity. I don't think it's very possible to beat them without having max health first...
If it's not possible to defeat them without 500HP, then how did players defeat them before 1.2?

I think it highly likely that they did since they also made it required to kill all three mech bosses before facing Plantera.

I think it highly likely that they did since they also made it required to kill all three mech bosses before facing Plantera.
Very interesting...

UPDATE: defeated the Destroyer twice and still not finding any life fruit. Could this be a possible bug?

Very interesting...

UPDATE: defeated the Destroyer twice and still not finding any life fruit. Could this be a possible bug?
You'll likely need to defeat all three. Also make sure you're cutting down grass and mining bushes to give them a chance to spawn.

Last edited:
Just wanted to give an update regarding this topic.

So after defeating all 3 mech bosses, I still wasn't finding any life fruit. So I carried on, eventually beating plantera and then golem. Still no life fruit. I went on to defeat plantera another 4 or 5 times. Still nothing. Then I decided to try and beat the mech bosses over and over again until finally, I found a life fruit. A day later, I found another one. Slowly but surely the life fruit finally started appearing.

In conclusion: no complaints. Life fruit used to be very easy to find. Now that it's rare, many more hours of gameplay ensue. I have no problem with more gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom