No NPC´s!!!

iHeroDude

Terrarian
Hey everyone! I wanted to report, that on my mobile (ZTE) the npcs just won´t show up! I mean I got maximum life, which should get nurse to move in and I have over 50 silver coins, which should summon the merchant. In chat, there are always always messages like: Kaitlyn (which I think is the nurse´s name) would like to settle down." Or: Jake (which I think is the merchant) would like to settle down." It´s really annoing me, im making like large wooden houses with 3 floors and with chest, table, chairs, tiki torches and chimney! Plus I have a big candycane CASTLE, where is alot of room, 2 watchtowers, a lot of rooms and a SWIMMING POOL! Like I totally don´t understand, what´s going on. So please reply below, say what you think and if staff can fix this then I really appreciate it! Thank you! :)

So strange!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure your rooms are up to standards? Here's a guide on requirements you must meet in order for them to appear: http://terraria.wiki.gg/House
Also, I don't think they will appear if you're right where they're supposed to spawn. You might want to provide some screenshots if this still doesn't work.

Are you sure your rooms are up to standards? Here's a guide on requirements you must meet in order for them to appear: http://terraria.wiki.gg/House
Also, I don't think they will appear if you're right where they're supposed to spawn. You might want to provide some screenshots if this still doesn't work.

Thx for trying to help :)! I have houses just like needed! They got light source and table and 2 chairs!

I already have!!
like this ?
Valid_House_Door.png

These suggestions for iHeroDude aren't going to help, NPCs on mobile are currently a huge pain to get to show up, likely due to the greatly reduced spawn rate. Took a whole RL week for me to get the truffle, and five full days for the guide to show back up after trying to farm the WoF for emblems.

These suggestions for iHeroDude aren't going to help, NPCs on mobile are currently a huge pain to get to show up, likely due to the greatly reduced spawn rate. Took a whole RL week for me to get the truffle, and five full days for the guide to show back up after trying to farm the WoF for emblems.
Never had any trouble with all the other NPCs. And guide spawned all the time for me when I was farming WoF, a whole lot more often than PC, that's for sure. The only real problem is Truffle, I think. Of course.... this was earlier since I haven't touched mobile in awhile.

Also, we are trying to help the TC. Before we assume that the spawn rate is the problem, we must take into consideration all the other possibilities. Simply dismissing our assistance is not helping.

I know now how to take a screenshot...but now I dont know how to post a picture!
You can also try to click "upload a file" and see if you can choose the screenshots you took.

Also, we are trying to help the TC. Before we assume that the spawn rate is the problem, we must take into consideration all the other possibilities. Simply dismissing our assistance is not helping.

The spawn rate is a comtributing factor though. That's what I'm saying. Since the 1.2 update for mobile, the spawn rate for everything has been greatly reduced. Possibly by more than half. You will literally never see more than four or five mobs around you at any given time, even in hardmode. With two water candles and a battle potion that only really goes up to about seven. Since NPC spawns are handled by the same mechanics, it causes a lot of problems on that front.

It might, or might not contribute to NPC spawning, but until we've seen everything there is to see, calling it a spawn rate problem is to jump to conclusion quickly.

Let's wait for the TC to post some screenshots before making a conclusion, no?

Back
Top Bottom