PC No NPC's spawning on modded playthrough.

social wizard

Terrarian
I have this problem with a modded world where no NPCs spawn or respawn at all even though i have lots of valid housing and nothing that could interfere with it such as active events or too much corruption nearby. Some of the rooms are a bit abstract but I do have rooms that aren't and even when these are empty no NPCs spawn. Attached is a screenshot of some of the stranger housing I made (I used Cheat Sheet to spawn in NPCs after about 30 in game days of nothing spawning). It should also be noted that NPCs are moving room randomly here, even those who I manually placed.

Mod List:

AlchemistNPC Lite v1.5
Auto Trash v0.4
Disable Spreading v1.0.0
ItemMagnetPlus v0.1.9
Reduced Grinding v4.66
Helpful NPCs v0.1.4
WeaponOut Lite v0.1
MaxStackPlus v21.0
No More Tombs v1.0.1
OmniSwing v2.1
Which Mod Is This From? (WMITF) v2.6
Boss Checklist v0.2.1
Recipe Browser v0.7.2
Magic Storage v0.4.3.3
Calamity Mod (No Calamity Music) v1.4.2.4
Calamity Mod Music v1.4.2.1
Yet Another Boss Healthbar v1.3.2

I also used the following mods while building my base but then disabled them after I was done.

Cheat Sheet v0.5.0.2
Luiafk v1.0.0.130

Attachments

• hell.png
    hell.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,159
Moved to General Mod Discussions, since we don't provide technical support for mods.

take a look at this: tModLoader - Census - Town NPC Checklist
and if that doesn't help, disable ReducedGrinding and Calamity, then check if NPCs move in again
I installed the mod and It confirmed that I had met the requirements for some NPCs tat hadn't spawned. Waited 2 in game days but none of them did. I had enough housing for all of them. Gonna try disabling ReducedGrinding now, but won't the entire abyss break if I disable Calamity?

If you enable it again it will restore the blocks. If there are modded chests in that biome, the items in them won't be restored though
Might wanna check the Calamity config, see if it has any spawning related things

If you enable it again it will restore the blocks. If there are modded chests in that biome, the items in them won't be restored though
Might wanna check the Calamity config, see if it has any spawning related things
Well, I disabled ReducedGrinding and waited 1 in game day but no NPC spawned, I'm gonna back the world up and try disabling Calamity. It would be a bit odd if it was the culprit since I've done several playthroughs with it lately and I've never had this issue before, but I'll try anything at this point.

try disabling AlchemistNPC Lite and Helpful NPCs. Make a backup of your world so you don't lose those NPCs if they already spawned. Also try making some rooms in a different place outside your town (with no corruption nearby) and see if something moves in there

try disabling AlchemistNPC Lite and Helpful NPCs. Make a backup of your world so you don't lose those NPCs if they already spawned. Also try making some rooms in a different place outside your town (with no corruption nearby) and see if something moves in there
I built some houses on the surface of the world and disabled all my mods and still no NPCs spawned. I know I have the requirements met for the painter and the guide still hasn't respawned from when I killed the Wall of Flesh and neither of them spawned. I'm running out of ideas at an alarming rate.

I am having the same issue, I have calamity elements awoken and thorium (along with veinminer) and after almost all my npcs got slain they arent moving back in, this is also happening on a different world and a different character. also my friend has been playing with me the entire way through and he is having npcs spawn on his worlds

Just started a calamity playthrough myself, having the same issue. It's been 6 in game days since the guide died at the start of the game, and he hasn't moved in since. I'm running Calamity myself, and my housing is at spawn. I've clarified if the housing is usable, it is, and I have 8 houses without any NPC's in them. It'd be great to find a fix soon

Just started a calamity playthrough myself, having the same issue. It's been 6 in game days since the guide died at the start of the game, and he hasn't moved in since. I'm running Calamity myself, and my housing is at spawn. I've clarified if the housing is usable, it is, and I have 8 houses without any NPC's in them. It'd be great to find a fix soon
The same thing also began happening to me last night however I was at yharons 2nd phase farming dark sun fragments, using a war potion (reduced grinding) which led to all my npcs dying. After that, they kept respawning until after the solar eclipse ended which is wierd because npcs arent meant to spawn during events unless the solar eclipse is an exception

(Edit): I just remembered there had been a tmodloader update last night and it may be possible that this is a bug. I have also made couple new worlds and characters in which I still cannot get new NPCs to arrive (I do meet the requirements for atleast 3)

Last edited:
All of the recent comments refer to a bug introduced in tml 0.11.7.3. It will be fixed in 0.11.7.4 coming in the next 12 hours

Back
Top Bottom