Xbox One (Not A Bug) Paint Blocks

Talon1254

Terrarian
I've resolved my issue, ignore me.

- - - - -

Paint when painted on blocks will not show up in the overworld, however it will show up as the colour on the map. It will behave normally when you're painting a block, even gives the particle effect just no changes to the block colour wise.
Tried reloading the game, didn't work, and no one else is talking about this or it could be me.

Edit: I find it a little funny that if I am the first reporter about this, then that means I'm the first person to paint something since the update xD
But like I just started up a new world to move my collection over and make a new base, and when I went to paint the Stone Slabs red, they didn't change colour. tried the tree next to me, same deal. Don't know how that happened in the coding but hope it gets fixed soon! that's an entire mechanic just gone!

Last edited:
This bug is presumably on all Consoles. It doesn't work on Xbox One, or Switch, I don't have a PS4 to test it out. but my autistic brain won't let me play terraria until the paint mechanic is fixed cause for some reason not having red slab bricks for my base makes me sad.

Have you tried using Deep Paint on these blocks?

You mentioned stone, and regular paint doesn’t show up well on low color blocks like stone. They are designed to be used with Deep Paint.

Have you tried using Deep Paint on these blocks?

You mentioned stone, and regular paint doesn’t show up well on low color blocks like stone. They are designed to be used with Deep Paint.
I did, same thing, i painted the surrounding trees and they stayed the same colour. the map even said that they were red, but not in the overworld.

Edit: okay so i was testing it out and I swear that paint is operating differently. or I'm extremely stupid and it's just that I didn't realize i was doing horribly wrong

Last edited:
Hey there!

This actually is not a bug at all and is working as intended - and how it works on PC.

Some blocks do not take normal paint colors well (stone slab being one of them) and require the use of “Deep” varieties to show the color.

Are you absolutely certain that you tried normal red paint on grass and deep red paint on slabs and wood and got no results?

Because we are not seeing that.

3C6EE105-1977-4EA8-9755-8485243DE91A.jpeg

Hey there!

This actually is not a bug at all and is working as intended - and how it works on PC.

Some blocks do not take normal paint colors well (stone slab being one of them) and require the use of “Deep” varieties to show the color.

Are you absolutely certain that you tried normal red paint on grass and deep red paint on slabs and wood and got no results?

Because we are not seeing that.

View attachment 368198
I guess I didn't realize that it would work normally. because I tried multiple blocks before and none of it would get painted.

I think it was an issue that my game booted funny, it was having visible issues with playing while other games were getting updated.

Back
Top Bottom