Weapons & Equip Not Enough Health Accessories!! [IDEA]

zedlander1000

Steampunker

Health Accessories: Introduction

heart.gif~c200

What is the current problem with the health accessories? I'll tell you the problem! There are not that many at all to make any difference toward a
Player's health. There needs to be some light shed on the current problem of health accessories and I can promise you, this wont be a rant.

The Breakdown:
First, let us examine how many health regeneration items there really are in the game.

1.)
UrVrXnJ.png
0.5hp/s
2.)
Imqrlhy.png
0.5hp/s
3.)
KFmoFa9.png
x-hp/15s+Potion time
3.5)
TySHJII.png
no mobile

wow a whole 3 items for health! That is going to get me a total of 3 accessory slots used for just 1hp/s which doesn't seem all that worth it.
This seems a bit one sided ehy? Lets take a look at how many items there are for health's counterpart, mana.

Compared to health, mana has way more accessories. Mana has a total of 7 accessories at the Player's disposal.
7 > 3, 7-3 = 4, mana has a whole 4 more accessories than health does and really does not seem fair for players who are not mages.

Idea: Add more health related accessories to even out health's counterpart.

New Health Accessories:

So to fix up the current mistake of not having enough health related items in game, I decided I wanted to come up with some ideas to even out the count.

#1:
Heart Beacon:
(image coming soon)
Properties:
-Counter part to the celestial magnet.
-Increases heart pickup distance.
-Pickup hearts from +20 tiles away.
-sold from the traveling merchant

#2:
Heart In a Jar:
(image coming soon)
Properties:
-Adds +20 HP to player.
-Crafted with: (at tinkers' workshop)
1x-Crystal Heart
1x-Water Bottle
50x-Pink Gel
100x-Honey Blocks

#3:
Celestial Beacon:
(image coming soon)
Properties:
-Increases heart and mana star pickup distance.
-Pickup hearts and mana stars from +20 tiles away.
1x-Celestial Magnet
1x-Heart Beacon

#4:
Self Repairing Heart:
(image coming soon)
Properties:
-Increase life regeneration 2hp/s
-takes 5 mins to generate 600hp
-Rare drop from the crimson hearts

#5:
Heart on a Band:
(image coming soon)
Properties:
-Adds +20 HP to player
-Increase life regeneration 0.5hp/s
1x-Heart in a Jar
1x-Band of Regeneration

#6:
Self Repairing Heart on a Band:
(image coming soon)
Properties:
-Adds +20 HP to player
1x-Heart on a Band
1x-Self Repairing Heart

#7:
Right as Rain:
(image coming soon)
Properties:
(debating...)

MORE TO COME!!! (may add some mana related ones as well if this list gets too big with just health related ideas.)

Last edited:
The Self Repairing Heart could be a rare drop from Crimson Hearts. Also, it could be tinkered with the already existing Band of Regeneration so their effects stack. Anyways, I support. Survivability is a must.

The Self Repairing Heart could be a rare drop from Crimson Hearts. Also, it could be tinkered with the already existing Band of Regeneration so their effects stack. Anyways, I support. Survivability is a must.
Ye that sounds like a good option for a drop :) ill brain storm it! i want to add more to this list and im trying to piece together what should could stack with what so things aren't too overpowered.
I'd really like an accessory that gives improved healing (*1.15?), to go with spectre and Vampire KNives, and potions (ie 150>178 or something). would go nicely with some of the ideas here http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/ranged-type-healing-shotgun.23690/#post-598795
maybe like a vampire fang or something. phil stone and 15 beetle shells? maybe give it +2 defence for increased power compared to other accessories.
Ye this sounds pretty cool :D ill possibly add that onto the list.

EDIT: (New Additions)
Update: 0.1.1 of the Health Accessories post

Change log:
Added more accessories to the list...
#5:
Heart on a Band:
(image coming soon)
Properties:
-Adds +20 HP to player
-Increase life regeneration 0.5hp/s
1x-Heart in a Jar
1x-Band of Regeneration

#6:
Self Repairing Heart on a Band:
(image coming soon)
Properties:
-Adds +20 HP to player
1x-Heart on a Band
1x-Self Repairing Heart

#7:
Right as Rain:
(image coming soon)
Properties:
(debating...)

@Everybody had a unique way of solving this in his mod. He made it so that the Band of Regen/Band of Starpower could have 2 sets of tinkers: 1 for mana (already exists) and 1 for health. Basiclly, he made a "Band of Rejuvenation", which added 20 health (instead of mana) and increased health regeneration. Then, he combined it with the Panic Necklace and then finally a new Magnet accessory.

@Everybody had a unique way of solving this in his mod. He made it so that the Band of Regen/Band of Starpower could have 2 sets of tinkers: 1 for mana (already exists) and 1 for health. Basiclly, he made a "Band of Rejuvenation", which added 20 health (instead of mana) and increased health regeneration. Then, he combined it with the Panic Necklace and then finally a new Magnet accessory.
sounds really cool. sorta what im trying to go for but i want to have very obvious differences between magic and mana items because then it balances out classes.

Back
Top Bottom