Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was trying to do the Angler's quests in order to unlock the achievements.
But everytime he asks me to get one of the corruption fish (either the "Eater of Plankton", ID 2457 or the "Infected Scabbardfish", ID 2485), I'm unable to get them, even when spending the whole quest day fishing (from 5AM to 4AM the next day).

Notes:
  • As per the wiki, these fish can be caught in any layer of the corruption.
  • My world generation doesn't have surface corruption lakes, so I'm fishing in the underground layer.
  • I've tried with the following baits: worms, enchanted nightcrawlers, apprentice/master bait, different butterflies.
  • I'm using the demonite fishing pole.
  • I'm still in pre-hardmore (Wall of Flesh not yet defeated).

Try making a pond above surface to see if it works, I think that can only be caught on surface corruption.

I'll try that tonight :)

EDIT: I found the "crates" wiki page and noticed that I never got any "Corrupt" crates, even after 3 or 4 full days of fishing in the corruption. Is it related?

Last edited:
i Think so, probably not, it’s different chances to receive different crates, like you can obtain wooden crates anywhere
Actually 3 to 4 days, ok yeah you should try te surface.

Try making a pond above surface to see if it works, I think that can only be caught on surface corruption.

Okay, I finally made a surface pond and waited for the Angler to ask me If I can get the "Eater of Plankton".
It worked like a charm!

So now, is the wiki wrong, or is this a real bug?

Back
Top Bottom