Resolved Not sure if this is where this post sould be

Status
Not open for further replies.

TenStory

Terrarian
I know that this has probably been answered; buried deep within the forum.

I have recently obtained 3ds copy of the game, and wanted to connect to my android copy. Is it possible? I've read around and have gathered that its mainly conole to console(ps4/ps3/ps VITA), and mobile to mobile.

I have recently obtained 3ds copy of the game, and wanted to connect to my android copy. Is it possible? I've read around and have gathered that its mainly conole to console(ps4/ps3/ps VITA), and mobile to mobile.
That isn't possible.

There's no cross company play aside from maybe the different mobile versions being compatible. 3DS is technically a console and only the Sony systems have Cross-Play available.

Even if it were possible to transfer the save data (characters/worlds) from another device -> 3DS, it wouldn't work:
  • Content - 3DS runs it's own version of Terraria. While originally based on mobile, a lot of the stuff that exists in mobile is missing in 3DS. 3DS is essentially at 1.2 with a few additions from 1.2.3, 1.2.4 and 1.3.
  • World Size - Due to the lack of RAM, the worlds on 3DS are very small. Transferring a much larger world from another device to 3DS would simply crash the 3DS. Not even the N3DS with twice the amount of RAM could handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom