PC Noticing lag when playing Terraria at 1440p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techdude594

Skeletron Prime
Recently, I upgraded from a 1080p monitor to a 1440p monitor. However, I still have the same computer to push this higher resolution. I have noticed that when I run the game at 1440p, that I experience occasional stuttering. This stuttering usually lasts 1-3 seconds, and can drop my frame-rate from 60 to 50, sometimes all the way down to 30. I also notice that when I load up a world with a lot of content on screen (such as a large base, etc.) that I experience consistent framerates below 60.
I notice that CPU usage isn't very high, but RAM usage is about 70% while playing Terraria.
My specs are: FX 8350, R9 380, and 8GB DDR3 RAM.

Are these stuttering and performance issues in general at the fault of my computer, or is the game poorly optimized?

Thanks for the help, I really want to get the game running at a locked 60fps, and using my new 32" 1440p monitor, the game looks great on this large screen!

EDIT: If anyone sees this, please give me some feed-back, I'm worried that the game isn't optimized well, and I hope that isn't the game's fault, but rather my PC, as I am more than happy to upgrade my PC to play Terraria at its very best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom