Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
I don't know if this has been reported already, sorry if it was (Altough i did not see it in the commonly reported section)
So, as you know, if you play Terraria with a gamepad/controller you can activate some flags that mark which NPC owns each house. For some reason, activating these flags makes the game's framerate to drop drastically, and not even setting the graphics to the lowest possible can fix this (The only way to fix it is, of course, deactivating the flags)
I made several tests and yes, upon deactivating them, the framerate goes back to normal.

(I use an Xbox 360 controller, my setup is the same as the premade Xbox setup, except that i Jump with X, change cursor type with A, open inventory with B and interact with Y, quick mount with Start, Auto-Aim by pressing the right stick. And throwing by pressing the left stick, anything not mentioned remained the same)

You can always change what NPC lives where using the flags since 1.3.

I am unsure if this is related to the use of controller at all, but the Devs will be working on performance changes soon.

You can always change what NPC lives where using the flags since 1.3.

I am unsure if this is related to the use of controller at all, but the Devs will be working on performance changes soon.
No, no, i know you can, what i was talking about is that activating them makes the game's framerate drop. It makes it very laggy

What do they look like? Seemed you meant the little red ones with the face of the NPC who lives there.
Yes, those. I think i wasnt expressing my thoughts correctly.

These flags normally appear when you are in your inventory, checking the housing interface. But when you are playing with a controller, you can leave these flags active all the time, even while having the inventory closed. Activating this option is what makes the game lag

I know what Squidboy2002 is referring to, there is a Gamepad only option to leave the flags always on, even when not in menus. I can't quite replicate the issue on my end, but we can probably look into it from an optimization perspective and see if something is going on.

I know what Squidboy2002 is referring to, there is a Gamepad only option to leave the flags always on, even when not in menus. I can't quite replicate the issue on my end, but we can probably look into it from an optimization perspective and see if something is going on.

That's correct. I tried activating them today and didn't get any lag, so there must have been more conditions to trigger it, i'm still testing. Maybe my computer just needed to restart

Back
Top Bottom