NPCs & Enemies NPC Reserved Houses

Do you like this idea?

• Come stay the night (yes)

• Thanks for visiting (maybe, could use work)

• No Vacancy (no)

Results are only viewable after voting.

IronTsunami

Skeletron
There comes a time in every NPC's life where eventually said life ends and they pass on for about five seconds before being resurrected with a new name. although they forget their name, they retain most knowledge of their past life (what to sell, what to wear, etc). However, they always seem to forget which house they lived in.

I think it would be nice if there was a Reserved Housing setting that would keep a house designated to a specific NPC after they died, causing them to use that exact same house when they respawn. This would allow people who have housing numbers far beyond the number of NPCs to not have one respawn in a random location far from where you want them. It also means that if an NPC dies and another one you haven't had yet spawns for the first time, that NPC will not take the dead NPCs house. But, along the same lines it means if an NPC dies and his/her house is the only available one, it is reserved and other NPCs won't spawn until you build more housing.

Two things to note - One: This is only when they respawn, you can't designate where they shall live before they've ever arrived (since you're not technically suppose to know about them until you get them the first time). Two: This can be toggled on and off in the NPC menu, as some people may want the NPC to spawn somewhere else (or they have limited housing and want a different NPC to spawn).

I don't know about you, but I find it annoying when an NPC dies only to respawn on a random island or in the underground (or take Mr. Truffle's spot! :(). What do you think?

Last edited:
I like it. But I play mobile, and we can't even designate houses yet, so yeah. Rather have that than this.

Back
Top Bottom