NPCs & Enemies NPC: Vanity Petshop [Community Vote-able(Tell Red and the team what you think)]

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

a1b2c41

Official Terrarian
NPC: Vanity Petshop(Feel free to change the name)
This NPC is one that will spawn and you can buy vanity summoners from them(e.g. unlucky yarn/black cat). It does not have to be a certain sex.

This NPC is obtained by getting a pet summoner (see http://terraria.wiki.gg/Pets).

I like the suggestion, although I think it leaves a bit too much up to the imagination. People tend to be less interested in suggestions if they have to fill in the blanks themselves, so you might want to flesh it out a little.

How do they look?
Any ideas on what pets that the game needs that this NPC would sell?
I understood your post to mean that they could spawn as either male or female, but no other NPC in the game works that way, so you might want to specify.
How would they act? What sort of things would they say?

As far as the name goes, Veterinarian is the first thing that comes to mind. (Although veterinarians are people who treat pets for illness, not sell pets- but "pet shop owner" was the next best thing I could think of, and that's a rather unwieldy name)

I like the suggestion, although I think it leaves a bit too much up to the imagination. People tend to be less interested in suggestions if they have to fill in the blanks themselves, so you might want to flesh it out a little.

How do they look?
Any ideas on what pets that the game needs that this NPC would sell?
I understood your post to mean that they could spawn as either male or female, but no other NPC in the game works that way, so you might want to specify.
How would they act? What sort of things would they say?

As far as the name goes, Veterinarian is the first thing that comes to mind. (Although veterinarians are people who treat pets for illness, not sell pets- but "pet shop owner" was the next best thing I could think of, and that's a rather unwieldy name)
true, also just thought i'd say this, what i meant is that if anyone wants to make a sprite i don't care if you make the sprite male or female

I don't like this idea.

It removes the point of actually earning the pets, what's the point if I can just buy them?
Unless you created new sprites for new pets, like a "white cat" or "Baby Wolf",i'd reconsider, but just to sell already obtainable pets is pretty boring.

I don't like this idea.

It removes the point of actually earning the pets, what's the point if I can just buy them?
Unless you created new sprites for new pets, like a "white cat" or "Baby Wolf",i'd reconsider, but just to sell already obtainable pets is pretty boring.
Yeah, you're right, and I love the pets(even if they are useless, lol). So yeah, adding new ones would be better!

That's how I understood it- the NPC would be used to buy pets that couldn't be obtained any other way.

Back
Top Bottom