NPCs & Enemies NPCs unlocked from killing bosses?

If Re-Logic nerfed any of these bosses, what would it be?

• Eater of Worlds because it is sort of hard to fight it in a new world.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slime King because it is only spawned after killing 100 slimes in a rain, or in outer areas.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spider647

Terrarian
Recently while playing Terraria, I have faced some bosses. A few of them have inspired me. The following ideas are good, some maybe not:

Ninja: Unlocked after killing Slime King. Sells ninja clothing, throwing weapons (e.g knives and shurikens), and big handfuls of gell.

Demon Studier: Unlocked after killing EoC or BoC. Sells lenses, zombie arms, and various pre-hardmode rare ores.

Animal Enthusiast: Unlocked after killing Queen Bee. Sells living wood, minisharks, and banners.

Sun Praiser: Unlocked after killing Moon Lord. Sells Terrarium, parts for Terrablade, rare pickaxes.

Extreme Gardener: Unlocked after killing Everscream. Sells any tree related tiles, acorns, any type of seeds, and rare flowers.

If any of these were to make it to the actual game, I would be honoured.

the only thing I can think of for the Ninja NPC is that it could (in some sort of way) be a starter for the thrower class, selling throwable items that the merchant does not sell, maybe even some armor, remove the NINJA armor from slime king and have it only obtainable through the ninja NPC.

though; throwing class is kinda dead. so no point in that

Ninja: Unlocked after killing Slime King. Sells ninja clothing, throwing weapons (e.g knives and shurikens), and big handfuls of gel.
It makes PLENTY sense seeing as how the old King Slime used to have a physical Ninja inside its gelatinous body, butt...takes all the fun out of fighting King Slime several times to get all the pieces of armor. Also by the time you get the full set you'll have too much gel to know what to deal with.

Demon Studier: Unlocked after killing EoC or BoC. Sells lenses, zombie arms, and various pre-hardmode rare ores.
So it sells unnecessary stuff by the time Hardmode rolls around. And what do you mean "rare" pre-hardmode ores...like...Meteor and Demonite/Crimtane? I mean... why not! Saves people the trouble of killing obviously easy bosses like the Eye/Brain/Worm again just in case you needed to make the Night's Edge and you forgot/didn't want to then.

Animal Enthusiast: Unlocked after killing Queen Bee. Sells living wood, minisharks, and banners.
If anything instead of selling Living Wood (which I'll remind you isn't even a drop-able block rn) he/she sells the Living Wood Wand/Leaf Wand (even though its a forest wood?) Also why is the Animal Enthusiast selling firearms that the Arms Dealer already sells and banners?

Sun Praiser: Unlocked after killing Moon Lord. Sells Terrarium, parts for Terrablade, rare pickaxes.
$
Ah maybe we can get some use out of this unspawnable wonder :D But um...hmm... I'm.......Terrablade would be useless in Post-Moonlord, and if anything would've been used to kill it in the first place... Ik that might make you think "Oh so what's the problem"...its just...not needed?

Extreme Gardener: Unlocked after killing Everscream. Sells any tree related tiles, acorns, any type of seeds, and rare flowers.
I do like a tree salesman in this aspect as well as acorns and stuff, trees can start getting rare after the game is finished lol... I feel though for the seeds/flowers thing it should be a separate NPC for that stuff after killing Plantera, and I'd be pretty down for that. Also why is it called an Extreme Gardener? xD

Overall, pretty great ideas, but seems like it isn't really needed o_O
And about the poll up top...none of the bosses in Terraria need nerfing in my opinion, its just part of the strategy, learning what potions to make/take and which class style works for YOU. King Slime is an amazingly easy "first boss" too, just utilize how he takes a couple seconds to pause between each "teleport" to squeeze into tight spots and throw some Throwing Knifes and Grenades at 'em!

though; throwing class is kinda dead. so no point in that

Correct, they have confirmed that the throwing class will only exist as a subclass...as much as it hurts my soul ;(

Most of these sounds redundant, even though I love to have more town NPCs.

The ninja is an interesting idea - I think I read a mod already have one though, don't remember which.
I think that the merchant already sells throwing knives and shurikens, and there aren't tons of throwing weapons in vanilla game (mods add more, but that's another thing)
The ninja armor could be sold by the NPC, sure, even though king slime drops it, he would only drop one part a time, and farming him is a hassle (you can summon him with item though) and it's not guaranteed you get the missing part. maybe you get 2 headgear and 5 shirts until it drops the pants or something.
But a generally far-eastern themed NPC might would be a bit more useful. Like add dynasty wood and such stuff to the arsenal. and maybe have him/her spawn if player has dynasty wood or something related in the inventory (so the first time you still need the traveling merchant to get some dynasty wood, but after, you could buy from this NPC if you want.

Demon Studier sounds... I dunno. you already get more lenses usually than you need XD and yeah, what you mean by rare hardmode ores? and zombie arm is pretty useless after you defeated EoW/BoC...
(also, these role are partly fulfilled by Thorium's Confused Zombie and Blacksmit)

Animal enthusiast sounds pretty useless and strange too. Minishark is sold by arms dealer by base, living wood can't be bought and while living loom and staves are indeed kinda random, but still... and there are LOOOOTS of banners in-game, that would be a huge shop and all...
(as for living loom and staves, I think that the standalone lumberjack NPC already sells those, fulfiling this role)

Sun praiser sounds interesting as some NPC reward after moon lord, but at that point in the game, those stuff you say he/she would sell are useless. And really random too. Terrariums are easy to craft, even really early in the game... by that point you likely would have (or you are able to craft) the best pickaxes, same goes for the terra blade...

Extreme gardener... everscream is a pretty niche miniboss...
acorns are already sold by the dryad. I'm pretty sure there are some mod NPCs selling seeds too, I know that Thorium's druid sells herbs, the standalone lumberjack sells most wood already... what you mean by rare flowers...? those you can trade with the dye trader...?

I love new NPCs, but expecially considering what some said, problems with housing menu can only show 50 NPCs (while more can move in, you would have difficulties assigning them where you want them to live) only those NPCs make sense who provide useful stuff. Whether it's quests, some services (like healing), selling certain stuff... dunno if anyone would like their housing menu clogged my an NPC who sells stuff another one already sells too or just stuff that are either useless that point in the game or easy to craft (even if it's a little hassle)

Do not mind if anyone els has ideas. Mine are bad, and the Ninja and Animal Enthusiast might be a tad too much.
[doublepost=1548823700,1548823479][/doublepost]Also, I have put some unnecessary stuff, like the zombie arm in because...
Maybe you have another profile? You need some extra stuff? Please do not hate.

Back
Top Bottom