Working as Designed Number of kills needed to fill in scarecrow details in the bestiary appears to be set higher than it should

Cave wizard

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have over 50 kills on all different variations of scarecrows, but all of them still display ??? for their dropped items. This seems to be a mistake, because there's no need to do this to the enemy that already has ten different entries, and I can't think of any other enemy outside of OOA that needs more than 50 kills to fill in their entire bestiary page.

Attachments

• 20221112023946_1.jpg
    20221112023946_1.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 28
Scarecrows are very common in the Pumpkin Moon. Like the enemies in the OOA, they require more kills to get a banner and fully unlock bestiary progress. Some enemies in the Frost Moon also require more than 50 kills for a banner and full bestiary unlock.

Scarecrows are very common in the Pumpkin Moon.
They are actually very uncommon relative to their number of variations, how rarely they spawn after the first couple of waves and how many kills you need. Even long after I had gotten the banners and filled in all other pumpkin moon bestiary entries, I had to repeatedly start the event, do the first few waves, leave and repeat, in order to get even 50 kills for each kind of scarecrow. At 200 kills each, that becomes 2000 kills at the bare minimum in order to fill in these bestiary entries. And that's for an enemy that can't be AFK farmed and that needs to be summoned many times with an item that uses pumpkins, hallowed bars and extoplasm. This is just an insane amount of grinding compared to anything else in the game.

Scarecrows are very common in the Pumpkin Moon. Like the enemies in the OOA, they require more kills to get a banner and fully unlock bestiary progress. Some enemies in the Frost Moon also require more than 50 kills for a banner and full bestiary unlock.
They're very common in like waves 1 to 5, then they scarcely appear afterwards. I didn't care much about this because I only want banners and bestiary entries but it takes forever to fill all bestiary info for each variant due to how scarce they are relative to the number of variants.

This wouldn't be too problematic if they appeared frequently throughout the event like the trash monsters in Old One's Army, but that's just not the case. Or if the Bestiary had a total kill count that added up kills for each variety (like the banner counter) instead of counting kills for each variant separately.

Back
Top Bottom