Switch Occasional Freezing in Underworld

Dreamsage

Terrarian
Hi. Im telling you guys now cause i got to the underworld tomorrow. And whenever i was there, it would start to freeze up and start autosaving. Its starting to annoy me cause its freezing at times i dont want it to freeze. It happens whenever its fully zoomed out or even a little bit zoomed out. And im one of those people that would like to see whats happening around me while i explore.

The only workaround I have found for this issue so far is to remove all of the background walls from the ruined houses. I believe this issue is caused by the lighting on background walls as similar performance drops can be experienced in explored underground desert biomes. My guess is that the lighting from lava is especially bad for this type of lag. I hope the devs optimize this soon as I had to manually remove all of the ruined houses just to defeat the wall of flesh

Hi. Im telling you guys now cause i got to the underworld tomorrow. And whenever i was there, it would start to freeze up and start autosaving. Its starting to annoy me cause its freezing at times i dont want it to freeze. It happens whenever its fully zoomed out or even a little bit zoomed out. And im one of those people that would like to see whats happening around me while i explore.
Thanks for sharing this info @Dreamsage, I have seen others say that they experience performance issues in the underworld. If you haven't already, I suggest sending in your info (along with any videos showing the performance drop) straight to Pipeworks (the team porting the game to console) here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Back
Top Bottom