• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

goldenspolo

Terrarian
I'm not sure if I can help as I am not an expert yet, but reading the top section, it seems like Terraria wants you to verify that the XNA Framework has been Installed. Again, I'm not 100% sure, but this is the best I can do to help at the moment.
you're the best bro

Blazed

Terrarian
can any one help me to install tModLoader on PC, i have GOG version and i keep get this error message "
1593026344989.png
" and i also tried to rename the exe file to "Terraria_1.4.0.5.exe", i was getting the same error message then i changed it to "Terraria_1.4.0.5.exe" and the error message was saying this "
[14:09:26] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.11.7.4 Windows client (6/24/2020)
[14:09:27] [1/INFO] [tML]: Running on NetFramework 4.8
[14:09:27] [1/INFO] [tML]: Executable: C:\GOG Games\tModLoader\tModLoader.exe
[14:09:27] [1/INFO] [tML]: Working Directory: C:\GOG Games\tModLoader
[14:09:27] [1/INFO] [tML]: Launch Parameters:
[14:09:27] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[14:09:27] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> MonoMod.Utils, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[14:09:27] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Mono.Cecil, Version=0.11.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e
[14:09:27] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Ionic.Zip.Reduced, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c
[14:09:27] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed
[14:09:27] [1/INFO] [tML]: Checking GOG or manual installation...
[14:09:27] [1/FATAL] [tML]: ..\Terraria\Terraria_1.4.0.4.exe is not the unmodified Terraria executable.

GOG installs must have the unmodified Terraria executable to function.

If you patched the .exe, you can create a copy of the original exe and name it "Terraria_v<VERSION>.exe" so on all methods i did i am keep getting this error message that is say "Terraria_1.4.0.4.exe is not the unmodified Terraria executable" or "Terraria.exe is not the unmodified Terraria executable" so how i can make it works can any one help me.

Last edited:

DerpySquidII

Terrarian
I am making a boss NPC and whenever I respawn it the bosses npc.ai[0] etc. doesn't reset and starts back on the value they were at for the previous boss. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Here is the code

Attachments

Last edited:

Eagle 361

Terrarian
I'm new to the mod making business, I would like to know how to add resistance to a block (to be able to define at what level of tool (pick, axe, hammer) it should be broken)

Last edited:

AHIBoy

Steampunker
If I were to edit the code of the Deathweed to make it only spawn in corruption worlds and not crimson, what would I do to create that code?

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
Idk where to put this i guess under here:
So, i've installed myself and a few friends a tModLoader Server, the problem is, i want the server to run when i'm not online.
The Server is a Linux VServer and to start the server with PuTTy, i'm using the normal startscript named "tModLoaderServer" but it when i close PuTTy the server just stops, anyone got a solution?
KICKSTART=./${BASENAME}.bin.${ext}

# copy the Terraria and rename the terraria kickstart
if [ ! -f ${KICKSTART} ]; then
kicks=( Terraria*.bin.${ext} ) # find a vanilla kickstart, either Terra$
cp "./${kicks[0]}" $KICKSTART
fi

export MONO_IOMAP=all
$KICKSTART [email protected]
You need to start the server as a different background process, google how to do it

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
can any one help me to install tModLoader on PC, i have GOG version and i keep get this error message "View attachment 280443" and i also tried to rename the exe file to "Terraria_1.4.0.5.exe", i was getting the same error message then i changed it to "Terraria_1.4.0.5.exe" and the error message was saying this "
[14:09:26] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.11.7.4 Windows client (6/24/2020)
[14:09:27] [1/INFO] [tML]: Running on NetFramework 4.8
[14:09:27] [1/INFO] [tML]: Executable: C:\GOG Games\tModLoader\tModLoader.exe
[14:09:27] [1/INFO] [tML]: Working Directory: C:\GOG Games\tModLoader
[14:09:27] [1/INFO] [tML]: Launch Parameters:
[14:09:27] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[14:09:27] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> MonoMod.Utils, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[14:09:27] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Mono.Cecil, Version=0.11.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e
[14:09:27] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Ionic.Zip.Reduced, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c
[14:09:27] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed
[14:09:27] [1/INFO] [tML]: Checking GOG or manual installation...
[14:09:27] [1/FATAL] [tML]: ..\Terraria\Terraria_1.4.0.4.exe is not the unmodified Terraria executable.

GOG installs must have the unmodified Terraria executable to function.

If you patched the .exe, you can create a copy of the original exe and name it "Terraria_v<VERSION>.exe" so on all methods i did i am keep getting this error message that is say "Terraria_1.4.0.4.exe is not the unmodified Terraria executable" or "Terraria.exe is not the unmodified Terraria executable" so how i can make it works can any one help me.
Try to downgrade 1 version in GOG and see if it works. TML is not always compatible with all of them

Eagle 361

Terrarian
I have a problem with the block that, when it breaks, leaves dirt particles when I break it. how do I change it, maybe for something from the game or something personalized?

terrarian10

Official Terrarian
I'm trying to implement a boss in the game, but for some reason, whenever he appears, he disappears immediately, I checked everything and I can't solve the problem (I'm new to mod, programming)

using System;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace Private. NPCs
{

[AutoloadBossHead]
public class Private : ModNPC
{

public override void SetDefaults()
{
npc.aiStyle = 5;
npc.lifeMax = 7000;
npc.damage = 15;
npc.defense = 20;
npc.knockBackResist = 0.5f;
npc.width = 130;
npc.height = 264;
animationType = NPCID.DemonEye;
Main.npcFrameCount[npc.type] = 2;
npc.value = Item.buyPrice(0, 40, 75, 45);
npc.npcSlots = 1f;
npc.boss = true;
npc.lavaImmune = true;
npc.noGravity = true;
npc.noTileCollide = true;
npc.HitSound = SoundID.NPCHit9;
npc.DeathSound = SoundID.NPCDeath1;
npc.buffImmune[24] = true;
music = MusicID.Boss2;
npc.netAlways = true;
}
public override void BossLoot(ref string name, ref int potionType)
{
potionType = ItemID.LesserHealingPotion;
Item.NewItem((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, mod.ItemType("Private"));
}
public override void ScaleExpertStats(int numPlayers, float bossLifeScale)
{
npc.lifeMax = (int)(npc.lifeMax * 0.700f * bossLifeScale);
npc.damage = (int)(npc.damage * 0.20f);
}
}
}
Ai type, Add that

Ahndrek Li'Cyri

Steampunker
Hey I'm having a very odd issue.
Recently I moved over to Linux for several reason and I have been trying to get TModLoader setup and working.
It launches fine but there is no sound or music! This is really kinda annoying. Is there some way to fix this?
Using the Steam version, and everything seems fine. No errors in the logs or anything.

lonevox

Terrarian
is there any way to make a sword that does multiple (preferribly 3) times the damage when the player holding it is dashing/going really fast?
The player has a velocity variable, so in the swords code you could override ModifyHitNPC and do this code:
C#:
public override void ModifyHitNPC (Player player, NPC target, ref int damage, ref float knockBack, ref bool crit)
{
    // Multiply the damage of the sword by 3x when the players velocity is above 1.2f
    if (player.velocity > 1.2f)
    {
        damage *= 3;
    }
}
You can change the 1.2f to whatever

AHIBoy

Steampunker
I’m working on a flower that will replace the corruption Deathweed, it only spawns in crimson, and I can make the flower, I just need to know how to get the Deathweed to stop spawning it the world is crimson, and spawn if it’s corruption.

adsfghg

Terrarian
I'm trying to make a projectile that does lifesteal, but it says no suitable method found to override, if I remove the player player and the statlife line it works fine and the projectile inflicts ichor, but how can i make it do lifesteal as well?

Code:
  public override void OnHitNPC(Player Player, NPC target, int damage, float knockBack, bool crit)
        {
            Player.statLife += damage / 100;
            target.AddBuff(BuffID.Ichor, 1000);
        }

Top Bottom