tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

How do you set up walls so that they pass through background light like the glass walls or fences? I'm not having much luck with this.

031eLKO.png

I am having the issue where my frame rate drops but when I open my inventory it goes back to 60 fps. Is this a known issue and is there a fix?

How do you set up walls so that they pass through background light like the glass walls or fences? I'm not having much luck with this.

031eLKO.png
I think Main.wallLight[Type] = true.
[doublepost=1493005725,1493005667][/doublepost]
I am having the issue where my frame rate drops but when I open my inventory it goes back to 60 fps. Is this a known issue and is there a fix?
People talk about it, but us devs have no idea and haven't experienced it. I'd try removing mods and try to determine if it's a specific mod that is causing problems.

Update Tmodloader, try both current versions, the steam and windows ones

I got the same error using the windows steam version and this error using the plain windows version;

error2.png

Am I doing something wrong??

EDIT: never mind, I had to transfer over the content files too, whoopsies.

I think Main.wallLight[Type] = true.
[doublepost=1493005725,1493005667][/doublepost]
People talk about it, but us devs have no idea and haven't experienced it. I'd try removing mods and try to determine if it's a specific mod that is causing problems.

The fps drop only happens in multiplayer. I will try disabling all my mods and see if I get fps drops :)

Blue thinks he figured it out, but we'll have to wait for new tmodloader to see.
If blue is able to figure this out, I would be very grateful. Thank you for your response :D
Is there an ETA on the new version, like 1 month? :p

Last edited:
Okay, so I have a world with Tremor mod installed. I accidentally went on the world without Tremor mod activated, and all of my chests (which were from Tremor) are now empty. This happened around 7:43 PM on April 25. Help/fixes? (I would appreciate a quick answer)

EDIT: Like, maybe somebody knows a way to revert my Terraria game files to their previous state at 7:43? I don't have backups of the world or anything.

Last edited:
Okay, so I have a world with Tremor mod installed. I accidentally went on the world without Tremor mod activated, and all of my chests (which were from Tremor) are now empty. This happened around 7:43 PM on April 25. Help/fixes? (I would appreciate a quick answer)

EDIT: Like, maybe somebody knows a way to revert my Terraria game files to their previous state at 7:43? I don't have backups of the world or anything.
If you deactivated the mod, the items shouldn't've disappeared, rather been "unloaded item"s instead. Unless a tmodloader update changed this, anyways.

If the chests themselves were from Tremor, then this wouldn't apply and I would not know how to retrieve the contents of the chests...

If you deactivated the mod, the items shouldn't've disappeared, rather been "unloaded item"s instead. Unless a tmodloader update changed this, anyways.

If the chests themselves were from Tremor, then this wouldn't apply and I would not know how to retrieve the contents of the chests...
The chests themselves are from Tremor. It doesn't matter too much though, because I'm only post-Golem and can spawn in the most important items I lost (with Cheat Sheet)

EDIT: Also, I trashed all of the Tremor chests and spawned in vanilla Skyware chests to replace them, so now that shouldn't happen again :p

Umm, hi. It won't let me join one of my friends that doesn't has tmodloader, it just keeps saying "Lost Connection" I was wondering, how can I fix that?

I was wondering how to code any form of event its seems there is no thread/tutorial on how to do this
You really should create a separate thread about this, it'll get more attention and a possible answer.
The chests themselves are from Tremor. It doesn't matter too much though, because I'm only post-Golem and can spawn in the most important items I lost (with Cheat Sheet)

EDIT: Also, I trashed all of the Tremor chests and spawned in vanilla Skyware chests to replace them, so now that shouldn't happen again :p
Yeah I always use vanilla chests. It's not that the nodded chests aren't nice, I just don't wanna lose my stuff if the mod stops working for whatever reason.
Umm, hi. It won't let me join one of my friends that doesn't has tmodloader, it just keeps saying "Lost Connection" I was wondering, how can I fix that?
Vanilla Terraria and tModLoader do not mix. If you want to join your friend on a vanilla server, you need vanilla Terraria, and vice versa.

You really should create a separate thread about this, it'll get more attention and a possible answer.

Yeah I always use vanilla chests. It's not that the nodded chests aren't nice, I just don't wanna lose my stuff if the mod stops working for whatever reason.

Vanilla Terraria and tModLoader do not mix. If you want to join your friend on a vanilla server, you need vanilla Terraria, and vice versa.

How can I disable and enable it easily?

How can I disable and enable it easily?
Normally, you'd simply need to leave vanilla's .exe as it is, and rename tModLoader's .exe to something else, then you can have a separate shortcut to each version.

Currently, because tModLoader isn't fully compatible with Terraria, you would also need to have both the new and old versions of CSteamworks.dll and the Fonts folder, and manually swap them over each time you want to change versions. Wait until the next version of tModLoader if you don't want to do this.

Edit: I just worked out that you can copy Terraria's game directory to a different location, and apply tModLoader to the copy. You then use the copy to play tModLoader and the original folder to play the vanilla game. You won't be able to launch the moded game through Steam, so create a shortcut to the moded version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom