Other Literature On Terraria Lore...

TheSecretPanda

Terrarian
Hello Terrarians! I've been working on a creative writing project over the pass few days; my own interpretation of Terraria's Lore. It's based loosely on Terraria's official lore, but heavily expanded and eliminating many of inconsistencies I found within it. Admittedly, it's not quite as creative as something like Derplore, but my goal for this was to be as faithful to the base game as possible, and to explain every major event that happens within the world's history. So enjoy my Google Slides presentation and without further ado...

Would you like to hear a story...?

Your story begins with...

Slide1Cthulhu.png

- - -

Slide2Terraria.png

- - -

Slide3Crimson.png

- - -

Slide4Hallow.png

- - -

Slide5Corruption.png

Now let's discuss some of the unique races of Terraria...

Slide6Humans.png

- - -

Slide7Dwarves.png

- - -

Slide8Elves.png

- - -

Slide9Lihzahrds.png

- - -

Slide10Goblins.png

- - -

Slide11Merfolk.png

And then, a shift in power begins...

Slide12BloodMoon.png

- - -

Slide13Monsters.png

- - -

Slide14Dungeon.png

- - -

Slide15Curse.png

At this point, something had to be done...

Slide16Temple.png

- - -

Slide17Spirits.png

- - -

Slide18Guide.png

At this point, we approach the events of the game...

Slide19Cult.png

- - -

Slide20Mechdusa.png

- - -

Slide21MoonLord.png

And that's where the player comes in. The player is a Terrarian who has taken up the mantle of becoming the Hero of Terraria. With the help of the Guide and the Last Dryad (who has just returned from Etheria prior to the events of the game), the Terrarian...​
  • Slays Skeletron, freeing the dungeon from its curse and rescuing the Old Clothier and the Mechanic​
  • Slays the Wall of Flesh, releasing the Ancient Spirits of Light and Dark​
  • Slays Plantera, bringing the Goddess Terraria back into power (which explains the slowing of biome spread after beating Plantera)​
  • Destroys Golem, stopping the protection of Terraria from Otherworldly Invaders​
  • Incites the Lunar Ritual, causing Celestial Creatures to Invade the world and revive Cthulhu
  • Slays the Moon Lord, killing Cthulhu once and for all... or maybe not? It didn't go so well last time did it?​
So there are a few loose ends... In my opinion the main one is that if the humans built massive cities on the surface, where are they now? They're probably the ruined cities found in the Underworld, but as to how they got there, I haven't come up with anything so far. Perhaps the cities themselves were sealed within the Underworld along with the Spirits of Light and Dark, but that wouldn't explain why they exist in Pre-Hardmode. It's still probably as good of an explanation as I gave for the Hardmode Ores. I digress.

I hope you enjoyed reading this! I've always loved theorizing about Terraria's worldbuilding ever since I got the game back in 2015, so I'm glad I finally get a chance to share my ramblings.​

Back
Top Bottom