NPCs & Enemies One small mob for the ocean, one giant leap for ocean kind!

Wilson

Plantera
Ok I'm gonna keep it short and simple, this is just one mob for the ocean.
You know in hard mode how all the biomes (except the ocean & desert get lots of new mobs?
Let's give something like that to the ocean. I'll worry about the desert later :p

The fiddler crab (thx notso for name)
image.jpg

It's basically just a buffed up crab does about the same damage as an angler fish etc
Stats:
Health: 85
Damage: 75
Defence: 25

Drops:
5x
image.jpg
100% chance to drop
1xfiddler crab banner 0.5% chance to drop
*might add Rare drop*

Also banner sprites:
item in inventory:
image.jpg

Placed:
image.jpg
So yeah that's about it :) any feedback/suggestions? I'm sorry that the images are big, I'm using an iPad :p computer broke :(
*cries* also I'm new to spriting. Any tips?

Last edited:
Add in stats.
I also kind of want a replacement for sharks. We have shark statues so their removal from hard mode wouldn't be a big loss.

I find crabs a rather boring enemy. Perhaps you can come up with more new enemies?
They could add orcas in hardmode (just like on consoles), seawyrms and other enemies that can actually be dangerous to you.

I find crabs a rather boring enemy. Perhaps you can come up with more new enemies?
They could add orcas in hardmode (just like on consoles), seawyrms and other enemies that can actually be dangerous to you.
Yeah, I'm gonna be adding more stuff soon. Just sprited a clam tho

O you just find them boring cause you weren't around for my old prediction of 1.3

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/what-we-all-want-from-1-3.129299/

hmmmm I think it is about time to restart that thread on the new forums....

Also I obviously support more crabs

O you just find them boring cause you weren't around for my old prediction of 1.3
Nah, I just find them boring because they slowly walk up to you and have no interesting attack. Even a zombie can still jump.
Edit: You know, that crab should launch that big claw of his at players, much like Golem does with his fists.

Maybe the crab should be able to burrow/clip through blocks?
I support adding an early hardmode weapon for the crab
Maybe a flail or a crab spear
Imagine a long pole that has a crab claw on the end.
Crab scissors?
Just throwing out random weapon ideas. I think I might come back and add more later or create my own thread on new weapons.

Maybe the crab should be able to burrow/clip through blocks?
I support adding an early hardmode weapon for the crab
Maybe a flail or a crab spear
Imagine a long pole that has a crab claw on the end.
Crab scissors?
Just throwing out random weapon ideas. I think I might come back and add more later or create my own thread on new weapons.
Maybe crab claws that act like bladed gloves? That would be cool. Or a crab head vanity

:D Maybe a mini boss crab! Like Queen/king crab or Sir Crab. The crab should be of lesser rank than Duke Fishron.
Sir Crab has awoken!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpheidae also known as pistol shrimp. That's a good enough name to be an enemy right there! :D
I want that as a hard mode enemy! :D Maybe have a early hard mode magic weapon? Should the shrimp drop a claw gun that shoots ammo or be a magic weapon? I prefer a magic gun drop for the shrimp.

I do want an upgrade for bladed gloves. I like masks...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpheidae also known as pistol shrimp. That's a good enough name to be an enemy right there! :D
I want that as a hard mode enemy! :D Maybe have a early hard mode magic weapon? Should the shrimp drop a claw gun that shoots ammo or be a magic weapon? I prefer a magic gun drop for the shrimp.

Do you know of the "Mantis Shrimp"? Supposedly it is able to attack with such force the water around it stars to /boil/. It punches its foes with over 1500 newtons in force; its punches accelerating faster than a .22 caliber bullet. Here's a comedic article about it.

On the topic of adding a fiddler crab, while I'm not against it, I think it might make more sense to add creatures that aren't so visually similar to existing ones.

Last edited:
My god all these ideas!!! I have no idea how to add them :p
My suggestion would be to take the great parts of our suggestions and make one mob.
A giant crab mini boss that can shoot projectiles...
It drops a fiddle that works sort of like a magic harp.... maybe...
Add a weapon for melee.

Maybe create a new soul, "Soul of the Sea"? It could be to the sea like the wyvern is to the sky.
The important thing is to explain why a giant crab enemy would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom