PS4 Online "invite only" games are actually public

Chazprime

Terrarian
Not sure if anyone else has run into this, but online "invite only" games still allow complete strangers (i.e. not in my friends list) to enter my game. Found this out the hard way when someone came into my pre-hardmode game last week and summoned the Frost Legion. :(

Not sure if anyone else has run into this, but online "invite only" games still allow complete strangers (i.e. not in my friends list) to enter my game. Found this out the hard way when someone came into my pre-hardmode game last week and summoned the Frost Legion. :(
Now that's a big problem... if a stranger enters your world, they could do something worst that just summon an invasion...
@505 Games Support do you know why is this happening?

I believe one of our reps is currently working with you on this. Not sure what's going on TBH, but we hope to get to the bottom of it!

Edit: Are players even able to see non-invite worlds? This thread seems to suggest you can't.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying.

Honestly, I've only seen joinable games a few times when my friends are playing, but it seems that every time I have left the online option on in the past week or so, someone comes in within a few minutes of me starting.

I also do upload & download my character/world to the cloud to play on my Vita when the television is in use...not sure if that's helpful or not.

Thanks for replying.

Honestly, I've only seen joinable games a few times when my friends are playing, but it seems that every time I have left the online option on in the past week or so, someone comes in within a few minutes of me starting.

I also do upload & download my character/world to the cloud to play on my Vita when the television is in use...not sure if that's helpful or not.
Are you sure both boxes "Online" and "Invite only" are crossed? If a friend joins your world they can invite others as well as their friends can join.

I submitted this to 505 support, but thought I'd post it here so that others might see it. I suspect the reason this is happening is because I joined two PSN Terraria communities on the PS4 (ironically to find more people to play with).

After starting a new invite-only online game, I noticed that my session was listed on the community page of one of these communities:

terraria_session.jpg

Not sure if this is the cause, but I did notice that some of the people that have been randomly joining are listed in the community members list.

I submitted this to 505 support, but thought I'd post it here so that others might see it. I suspect the reason this is happening is because I joined two PSN Terraria communities on the PS4 (ironically to find more people to play with).

After starting a new invite-only online game, I noticed that my session was listed on the community page of one of these communities:

View attachment 91667

Not sure if this is the cause, but I did notice that some of the people that have been randomly joining are listed in the community members list.

That's interesting. Since this is the first I've heard of this issue I highly suspect that is the case.

i have been having this same problem, although I never joined the communities page. It also happens on my son's account on a different ps4 when team up. I always select invite only (showing) the x in it and we get random people joining us. I shut the session down each timer because most of theses people are destructive.

Back
Top Bottom