Only on Terraria, Windows 10 upgrade broke Xbox One S triggers.

Steelebourne

Terrarian
When I was playing Terraria on Windows 7, the Xbox One S gamepad worked perfectly. After upgrading to Windows 10, the LT/RT triggers are no longer usable in the game. They DO work in every other game, so it's not defective. My hand can't do WASD, so I need a gamepad. Here's some details:

1) Reinstalled Terraria three times.
2) Physically connected the gamepad to the USB.
3) The triggers are still initially listed in all of the key binding options, but can't use them to remap them to something else.
4) Using the gamepad in the key binding menu now moves a crosshair around (like a mouse, but only moves vertically & horizontally) when switching between the mapping options, instead of just switching to the next menu and setting options (it's hard to explain).
5) Like I said, there's no problem with any other of my games.
6) Tested the calibration in Windows device manager, and the triggers work fine.
7) Installed the latest gamepad firmware & wireless dongle drivers (for some reason, my Windows 10 bluetooth can't detect the gamepad, so I still need the dongle).
8) Rolled back & reinstalled dongle drivers (no option to roll back the gamepad firmware).
9) I'm running the latest Windows 10 update (1709), as of 4/11/2018.

I've found no answers anywhere. And if you're going to suggest using the Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App like others have, it stopped detecting the gamepad after I used it to update the firmware.

After logging almost 500 hours, I may need to be put in an institution if I can't play Terraria anymore!

Back
Top Bottom