Game Mechanics Option for bosses to scale with amount of players on server

Bob 3

Terrarian
I know this has been suggested here and there throughout the years, but I feel this is still a very important option to add to the game if at all possible. Having even 1 extra player with you makes any boss immensely simpler; more than 2 is complete over kill. Whenever I come back to the game, I tend to do multiplayer with 2-4 people at a time, as I feel it is best played with others, but the challenge is completely destroyed with extra people.

An option that allows a boss to gain more total HP based on the amount of players would be a huge step towards balance in multiplayer progression. Not sure a damage modifier would work too well considering some bosses later on can already hit like trucks (not to mention moon events), but something to prolong the fight, making it more of a necessity to acquire the proper gear before facing a boss and encourage us to prepare via potions, buffs, ect.. I feel an option like that would add a lot of replay value to the game for those of us that crave challenge, but still want to play with our friends and experience the game in the way it was meant to be experienced.

They're doing that with the 1.3 update called Expert Mode. Not only do the bosses scale in health, they get new attacks entirely.

They're doing that with the 1.3 update called Expert Mode. Not only do the bosses scale in health, they get new attacks entirely.
That isn't what I am suggesting. My suggestion would also be for expert mode as well. I want bosses to scale past their normal/expert difficulty, meant for a single person, based on the amount of extra players playing with you.

So far nothing has been mentioned of this being a new feature.

That isn't what I am suggesting. My suggestion would also be for expert mode as well. I want bosses to scale past their normal/expert difficulty, meant for a single person, based on the amount of extra players playing with you.

So far nothing has been mentioned of this being a new feature.

That's exactly what I mean. The more players on a server, the more health a boss has. And, it has been confirmed. Red himself's said quite a bit about it.

That is great news, but I have not seen this anywhere. Do you have a source for that?

If you look around on the staff's profile pages, mainly Red, you'll find bits and pieces of quite a few spoilers. I've got the page that first mentions Expert Mode, but from there, it doesn't say what all's new. You're going to have to do a bit of digging to find out more about it. Anyways... http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/item-3-000.2652/ underneath "Red's new secret project"

If you look around on the staff's profile pages, mainly Red, you'll find bits and pieces of quite a few spoilers. I've got the page that first mentions Expert Mode, but from there, it doesn't say what all's new. You're going to have to do a bit of digging to find out more about it. Anyways... http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/item-3-000.2652/ underneath "Red's new secret project"
Based on that thread and any info i could find via twitter; nothing has been confirmed about there being a difficulty adjustment based on the number of players on a server. I appreciate your replies, but I am fairly certain you are incorrect on this. Closest thing I found was Loki saying that it will solve a lot of gripes/issues people had with difficulty in general. That may or may not mean multiplayer scaling, so it is still up in the air.

Based on that thread and any info i could find via twitter; nothing has been confirmed about there being a difficulty adjustment based on the number of players on a server. I appreciate your replies, but I am fairly certain you are incorrect on this. Closest thing I found was Loki saying that it will solve a lot of gripes/issues people had with difficulty in general. That may or may not mean multiplayer scaling, so it is still up in the air.

Twitter isn't the best place to look, my friend. I found most of my info on Red's profile here on TCF. I also do remember seeing an entire conversation on Boss scaling. If I find where I saw that, I'll share it with you immediately.

Back
Top Bottom