Items Orion’s Belt (An Endgame Whip!)

CinnamonSwirl

Terrarian
Heyo! I’m back! And for reals this time! :dryadhappy: <3

Quick introduction here~
I absolutely love the new whips that have been added in 1.4! They give the summoner class something to mess around with while their minions take down the enemy. But, no matter how much I adore the vibrant colors of the Kaleidoscope, I feel like there needs to be an even better end game whip...

Introducing, the Orion’s Belt!

- Dropped by the Moon Lord (with a 10% chance, now alongside his 9 other fantastic weapons), this bad boy will be the definitive final whip.
- Please, for the love of all that is bad humor, make the tooltip poke fun at the fact that this is a belt. I’m not so clever with coming up with jokes on the spot, but man I really want this!
:dryadgrin:

~~

Now for the statistics~
(Aka, my little nerd part of the idea :dryadwink:, but I’m not the smartest person out there, so be sure to correct me if I mess something up or make the weapon super unbalanced, which, knowing me, is likely to happen)

-200 Base Damage
-25 Summon Tag Damage
-10% Summon Tag Critical Strike
-Casts the cosmos to strike your foes! (more on that in a bit)
-30 Tile Range
-25 Use Time (w o a h! that’s fast! comparatively, at least)
-3 Knockback
-And, of course, “Your summons will focus struck enemies”

~~

Unique Ability~

What exactly are “the cosmos?”
Well, I’m glad you asked, hypothetical person!
At its simplest, as all things in life should be, think of the bubbles spawned from the Flairon, but instead they’re pretty little stars. ~5 could spawn upon being swung, maybe varying in size and shape (only for visual effects), meaning you could amass quite the army (but, they will pop out of existence after a short while).
They might linger for a moment, before targeting and homing in on nearby enemies. And although they wouldn’t deal very much damage, they would have complete armor penetration.
“Hey, that’s pretty good”

~~

Appearance~

Idk, something pretty, and resembling constellations. I wish I was good at pixel art. Maybe some day...%:sigh:

~~

Anyways, overall, I’d just really like to see a belt be one of the best weapons in the game
No, I’m serious
Thank you all for reading, and I hope this was an understandable “briefing” of one of my many new ideas! There’s gonna be lots more to come, so if you happened to like this one, maybe stick around for awhile :dryadwink:
Love you guys!

Last edited:
I’m so sorry I left you guys hanging for a couple of months... I planned on coming back sooner for more ideas, but work, school, and this whole virus thing got in the way. But hey, I’m back again, and ready to share more ideas! Hope you enjoyed! <3

Ok, I finished the item sprite.
6048028F-FD26-4D9B-8B07-C3F6DE02530D.jpeg

supposed to look symmetrical akin to a belt.

Dammit, Cherr, I wanted to do that.

I love the idea of an endgame whip! Give the summoner some more love! The only complaint that I would have is the damage is a little underwhelming, but the shooting stars more than make up for it.

Jesus this is broken with obsidian armor.

I can't help but imagine a special attribute being a direct increase in power for every minion slot available to the player, as if they were increasing the number of belt loops the Orion's Belt slipped through on the way to swatting enemy behinds.

Back
Top Bottom