[PC] Terraria boots then closes again after a few seconds, I've tried everything

Spouk

Terrarian
Hi Guys,

Bear with me here, I've seen this posted everywhere and have tried a lot of different stuff to try and get this to work.

For starters, I am running windows 10, have previously run the game on this machine and had no issues but that was like a year ago. I have tried reinstalling the game, tried reinstalling the XNA framework and all my drivers are up to date. I've fiddled around with compatibility mode and this did nothing, only goes up to windows 8. Tried running it as administrator but this has no effect either.

The only clue I have to what it is is windows troubleshooter saying it is a compatibility issue but I just can't figure out why I'm just not sure if its an issue with the current version of Terraria or windows. Any and all help with this will be super appreciated <3

Could you launch TerrariaServer.exe located in your install directory and screenshot the message in the black command box for me?

Here you go, seems to boot fine. Pardon the world names.

Attachments

• Terraria server.PNG
    Terraria server.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 76
Okay let's see if terraria's internal logs have another clue as to what may be happening. Follow the guide below to enable logs, then trigger the crash and upload the log here.

0eiPNMV.png

Sorry for the late reply. Had a mad week so not really had chance to boot up my PC. Tried doing as recommended and it did nothing. Did the same again. Started, said it was running and then 2 maybe 3 seconds later said it was syncing and closed itself. Checked the folder, no logs, nothing.

Alright let me see what the Event Viewer has to say.

• Press Windows+R
  • Type eventvwr and press enter.
  • click the arrow next to "Windows Logs"
  • click "Applications"
  • View any errors or warnings with .Net, DirectX, XNA, or Terraria as the source. Screenshot both the general and details tab of all applicable errors and upload the screenshots here.

Hi,

Sorry about the long wait between these.

Here are the screenshots. These were the only ones that came up in the event viewer.

Attachments

• Terraria admin mode 2.PNG
    Terraria admin mode 2.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Terraria admin mode 1.PNG
    Terraria admin mode 1.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Terraria error description.PNG
    Terraria error description.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Terraria error details.PNG
    Terraria error details.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 63
That's extremely odd... The event viewer isn't citing a cause or faulting module. Not even Windows knows why it won't launch...

The only suggestion I have at this point is to reinstall Windows which should make sure everything is configured and functioning correctly. I'm sorry =(

Back
Top Bottom