Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was simply playing game, then I had online lessons and I used alt + tab to switch applications. After that I tried to play game, and something weird happened. Then I want to move, I can't, BUT if i will press A to move left, and press space, character starts moving left, and its for all keyboard controls, with mice controls everything is fine, but its much harder to play game. (can't jump, space button, made to something like confirm button to confirm what i want to do in game). I tried reinstall game, steam, creating new character or world, resetting key binds. Nothing changed. (sorry if my English is bad). If someone knows how to fix it, please, help.

I was simply playing game, then I had online lessons and I used alt + tab to switch applications. After that I tried to play game, and something weird happened. Then I want to move, I can't, BUT if i will press A to move left, and press space, character starts moving left, and its for all keyboard controls, with mice controls everything is fine, but its much harder to play game. (can't jump, space button, made to something like confirm button to confirm what i want to do in game). I tried reinstall game, steam, creating new character or world, resetting key binds. Nothing changed. (sorry if my English is bad). If someone knows how to fix it, please, help.

Known bug, happened to me once.:

Issue: Unable or very difficult to control the character once a world has been loaded
Present In: 1.4.0.2
Fixed In: TBD
More Info: This issue seems to come and go randomly, only for certain users. We do not know why it impacts some users and not others, but the vast majority of users do not seem to have this issue. We are looking into steps to reproduce and isolate the issue. We have some reports that repeatedly setting your PC to hibernate may cause the issue.
Workarounds: In the vast majority of cases, restarting your PC will entirely fix the issue (until the next time it appears). A few reports have indicated that this does not fix it, but this seems rare.

You figured out that you can move by holding space, I forgot to mention that you can jump by holding Esc. And there is probably some other combo for opening inventory.
I did not waste much time investigating though, since when this bug does happen, gamepads still work OK, so I used that to play for a while before restarting the PC.
So it's most likely an issue with the way the game/system loads the keyboard interface.

Back
Top Bottom