• No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Nolan0306

Terrarian
Peace Treaty
'Events cease from happening'
'Four dozen signatures at the bottom'

The Peace Treaty is an item that will allow you to make all events impossible to be summoned once toggled on. Can be toggled off at any moment. The Peace Treaty is a post Moon Lord item.

The following tool tips appear when toggled on/off:

"You have obtained world peace!"

"You have revived evil."

To obtain this item:
80% (100% in Expert Mode) chance of dropping from the Moon Lord alongside everything else it drops

Useful for people who want to build or explore without unwanted interruptions.

Last edited:
The idea of a Peace Treaty sounds interesting, and I get that it should probably be locked at end-game, but that crafting is insane. I dunno how this could really be inserted into the game properly.
Being able to craft an item that is permanently able to end almost any event would have to have an insane crafting tree. Look at things like the Cell Phone and Drill Containment Unit, for instance. Both extremely good items at a high price.
[doublepost=1555458005,1555457574][/doublepost]
Being able to craft an item that is permanently able to end almost any event would have to have an insane crafting tree. Look at things like the Cell Phone and Drill Containment Unit, for instance. Both extremely good items at a high price.
Actually you're right, imma change this a little.

Way too hard of a crafting recipe to attain.
You would also need to kill the Moon Lord 8 times at least to get 200 Luminite Bars and that is if he drops the maximum of 100 ores.

0.01% from a boss drop is insane especially on a boss on Moon Lord's stature.

Last edited:
Way too hard of a crafting recipe to attain.
You would also need to kill the Moon Lord 8 times at least to get 200 Luminite Bars and that is if he drops the maximum of 100 ores.

%0.01 from a boss drop is insane especially on a boss on Moon Lord's stature.
Well I mean, it is supposed to be an item you craft.

I enjoy the idea, but the crafting recipe is FAR too complex for anyone to consider; it would make more sense if it was an item we had easy access to so that builders(like you mentioned) can build in peace after reaching a certain point of progression instead of having to farm for an excruciating amount of time. It wouldn't be overpowered even if it could be abused, mostly because the expectation of procuring it at the end of the game means that we already have gone past the potential threat the events it prevents poses to us, so why not just let us cancel them? We should also consider that this could be abused on multiplayer worlds, so I would also suggest that the item can bring up a toggling menu to make certain invasions impossible, rather than making ones present immediately disappear via instant-use. That way, it would make more functioning sense AND thematic sense, as a standing peace treaty would stop invasions from happening, not cancel ones that already exist. To prevent the other players in the world from futzing with these options as well, it can also be an item that is exclusive to the server-host.

Also, another problem I see with the suggestion is this:
To get this item outside of crafting:
0.01% chance of dropping from the Moon Lord instead of a weapon.
I would assure you that this would be almost impossible to obtain. Even if we were to obtain it, it would lock us out of the weapon we EXPECT from the Moon Lord. Why get an item that serves no immediate use when we would get an item that is immediately beneficial and is among the best weapons in the game? If we can craft the item like so, then it shouldn't be an item that simultaneously drops from a boss.

It might be better to make it an easily-crafted item, a Peace Treaty or White Flag, but when you use it it costs you money based on the difficulty of the event. If you don't have enough, you can't use it. Idk if it should be consumed or not in the process.

I had a thought, if a sort of creative mode is going to come to the game, items like these should be exclusive to that mode. Or simply have a menu to toggle that with other essentials, kind of like the Cheat Sheet mod and all. I've always envisioned a creative mode like that anyway.

Peace Treaty
'Events cease from happening'
'Four dozen signatures at the bottom'

The Peace Treaty is an item that will allow you to make all events impossible to be summoned once toggled on. Can be toggled off at any moment. The Peace Treaty is a post Moon Lord item.

The following tool tips appear when toggled on/off:

"You have obtained world peace!"

"You have revived evil."

To obtain this item:
80% (100% in Expert Mode) chance of dropping from the Moon Lord alongside everything else it drops

Useful for people who want to build or explore without unwanted interruptions.
Nah nah, I appreciate the revision, but I think you were on to something with the crafting recipe though having a couple from each event's item to draw from.
Don't get me wrong you have a fantastic idea here and I'm sure a lot of people think so too, we just kind of struggle to find out a balanced way to make it a craftable item. Making it a specific drop from the Moon Lord might not be the solution here.
You seem to be under the impression that this item is powerful and needs to be gated. It isn't and it doesn't. You might as well just give it to the player for free by the time they've beaten the game.
Regarding this, I'm torn:
While I agree with you on that it should be a nice reward for beating the Moon Lord...

I also feel as though it is sort of powerful, I'd say as powerful as the Enchanted Sun-Dial and frankly might work in sort of the same way. For example if you use the Enchanted Sun-Dial on a Solar Eclipse then it ends immediately. There is a reason however it takes 7 days to be able to use again.
I had a thought, if a sort of creative mode is going to come to the game, items like these should be exclusive to that mode. Or simply have a menu to toggle that with other essentials, kind of like the Cheat Sheet mod and all. I've always envisioned a creative mode like that anyway.
Also Terraria has already confirmed 1.4 will involve a sort of Creative where you have to unlock the items first.

Back
Top Bottom