Perhaps a viable build? [Undying warrior build]

Pericles_Corde

Terrarian
So, before I start, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, please move it to the right section. And another thing before I start, here is a little backstory to how this build was created. I was in my very first world again. So, in other words the world that I have refined and enhanced over the years and got myself everything I could possibly get on legit ways. And I was always playing around with various tricks and builds. Full melee build, full summoner build or a full ranged build. I did however remember that before all of this, I used to have a build that I found to be rather viable. Going to my chest, I picked all of those items out and found out: I could definitely refine this. And this is how the undying warrior build came to life. Of course, it could be that someone has already made this. But I will still share it.

What do I need?
You need end-game, and you can get this build basically right after Golem.

- Valhalla knight breastplate and Valhalla knight greaves, the greaves however can be replaced with the solar flare greaves (if you prefer melee speed)
- Squire helmet (it is only 3 armor less than the valhalla knight helmet, but provides extra health regen)
- Any wings of your choice (because movement)
- Celestial Stone
- Celestial Shell
- Charm of Myths
- Shiny stone, if not available, replace with band of regeneration
- For expert mode slot, I recommend frozen turtle shell
- Lifeforce potion
- Regeneration potion
- Warding or Menacing on everything, I recommend Warding.

Optional:
- Heart lantern
- Camp Fire
- Honey pool
- Life steal weapon of your choice (Vampire knifes or Life Drain)

The build is relatively simple, and pretty straight forward. Your goal is to have excellent regeneration, and therefor perfect survivability. Thanks to the Celestial Stone and Celestial Shell, you also receive some offensive capabilities. From my testing (but do not take this for absolutely granted), your life regeneration is ~35HPS or more if standing, and about 25HPS when moving (there were occasions where it went up to 40, but that could be due to the shiny stone). This high health regeneration kept me alive during the moon lord fight perfectly fine in normal mode. I never went below 400 health. Same goes for the celestial events.

Most of those items can be obtained relatively easily, except for the Shiny Stone which would require expert mode golem kill. And it can be obtained before the lunatic cultist, giving you a good way of dealing with him.

Advantages:
- You will have excellent health regeneration. With skill, you probably will never die again. (I have survived all 4 celestial pillars without problem or use of health potions.)
- Boss fights become exceptionally easy. (Especially Plantera and below)
- You need no weapon focus. (which means you can use whatever)

Disadvantages:
- You have no weapon focus. (Which means you do not benefit from any stat in particular)
- You will lack damage output.

Try it out yourself. it's pretty neat.

Regards ~ Peri

Last edited:
Neat one, I've discovered this build myself too.

Personally. I stick with the cross necklace so enemies have less chance to land a hit on you too :p

Haven't tried this build yet on my Vanilla world but it looks interesting, might give it a shot

Yeah, you should. After further testing, it is safe to say your health regeneration is always over 20 health per second (without external buffs such as campfire, heart lantern and honey). Which is extremely useful, because you can in theory even with full damage regenerate your health back to max (500/600) within 30 seconds. When standing still and buffs applied, even faster.

I have noticed a good weapon-set of choice is the Terrarian, Vampire Knives (if crimson is available) and lunar portal staff. All three contribute to safe takeout of enemies. So it's pretty neat!

Yeah, you should. After further testing, it is safe to say your health regeneration is always over 20 health per second (without external buffs such as campfire, heart lantern and honey). Which is extremely useful, because you can in theory even with full damage regenerate your health back to max (500/600) within 30 seconds. When standing still and buffs applied, even faster.

I have noticed a good weapon-set of choice is the Terrarian, Vampire Knives (if crimson is available) and lunar portal staff. All three contribute to safe takeout of enemies. So it's pretty neat!

Would this set combo work well with the wall strategy for defeating moonlord? (the wall strategy is basically just abusing the fact that most of moonlords attacks cant penetrate solid 2 thick blocks)

Back
Top Bottom