Blocks & Decoration Pet And Mount Displays

FinalKarma

Terrarian
With the future Terraria update letting us place down kites, why not our pets and mounts? It would be nice to see all our mounts and pets running and sitting happily instead of being stuck in a chest forever.

Pet Display - Pet House

Having collected so many pets it would be nice to have them run free in an area and not be stuck in a chest. There could be an object in game called a pet house. It could have one inventory slot that only allows a pet item inside, once the pet item is inside the pet can run freely around it. This way we could all see our pets living freely in our Terraria world, possibly putting certain pets next to NPC houses. The pets would have a certain distance they can't walk away from the pet house, possibly the same distance the pet would stay with the player.

Mount Display - Hitching Post

post.png

For the mount display, I was thinking a hitching post would work best. It could act the same way as a pet house mechanically but instead of letting the mounts have a large range to run around, it would instead be limited to one or two tiles around the hitching post. Here's some concept art I made of the hitching post. This item would work great for stable builds and more. Could also have some made of different materials to better fit the different aesthetics of Terraria like one made of iron or more futuristic blocks for the futuristic mounts.

stablesconcept.png

Tell me what you think of these ideas, any suggestions to improve this concept would be great and I think something like this should be added in future updates. This was my first post on the Terraria forums so I hope you like it. :)

Back
Top Bottom