Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So first I summoned a cat for my underground town, which worked as intended. Then I summoned a dog for my forest town, and they didn’t end up in the forest...

doggo.png

It’s a little silly, but I suspect there’s a bug hiding here somewhere.

I believe pets function like regular town NPCs where they need a house (but can share with a full NPC rather than requiring their own). So it is possible that it found a legible housing on that island and automatically moded in there. Did you try relocating it via NPC flags panel?

I believe pets function like regular town NPCs where they need a house (but can share with a full NPC rather than requiring their own). So it is possible that it found a legible housing on that island and automatically moded in there. Did you try relocating it via NPC flags panel?

Okay yeah I guess there was a house on that cloud. I relocated the dog to the forest. It’s just really silly that it would end up there in the first place.

Floating island houses generate as mostly valid houses, so if you placed a torch in that one this is definitely working normally.

Back
Top Bottom