tModLoader Piercing Imminuty Fix 2 - now per weapon

WVlad

Terrarian
This is a mod that enables projectiles (and minions) that use normal piercing to hit a target without rendering it invulnerable to the player's other projectile types. It should allow you to damage enemies with piercing weapons while your Star Dust Dragon minion also damages them. Enemies are now immune only to projectiles of the same type. Different weapons usually use different projectile types, one weapon usually use only one projectile type.

Generally this doesn't break balance because you still can't hit same enemy multiple times with the same weapon (except if it fires projectiles of different types).

Multiplayer: not tested.

Installation: unpack archive and put content to your Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\ directory, enable in game "Mods" menu and press "Reload mods".

Attachments

• PiercingImminutyPerWeapon.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 144
I'm interested and following. The first thought in my head though is the example picture in the other mod. What about weapons like shotguns and fast firing weapons with piercing ammo (aka meteor shot)?

The main example for me where piercing damage immunity has always been a problem is minions, especially when used as supplementary damage by non-summoners. Spiders and the stardust dragon will immune lock an npc from receiving damage from the player.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Fast firing piercing weapons and ammo work the same as in vanilla but doesn't block other weapons, minions, traps, etc from damaging the enemy. If they are piercing and fire faster than 1/6s then some of their bullets go through enemy without dealing damage because of invincibility. Same if they fire multiple piercing bullets at the same time. Changing this behavior would break game balance making some weapons deal much more DPS than in vanilla. My mod is focused in resolving the invincibility issue without changing balance.

Non piercing fast ammo doesn't suffer from this invincibility "game feature".

Last edited:
It does not seem to work properly in multiplayer.....it goes right through the enemy in my Multiplayer test... but don't during single player.

The code is pretty straight, I don't know what's wrong with it in multiplayer. Just GlobalProjectile tracking OnHitNPC and overriding CanHitNPC.

Attachments

• PiercingImminutyPerWeapon.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 154
The code is pretty straight, I don't know what's wrong with it in multiplayer. Just GlobalProjectile tracking OnHitNPC and overriding CanHitNPC.

Single Player
bEq5iFL.gif

Multiplayer
nfK6I7u.gif

As you can see i even colored the numbers to confirm the differences between my numbers and the Dragon pet. So apparently its not as Straightforward as you think....perhaps its not "netsynced" in the code?

Last edited:
Just wanted to pop in to report that this doesn't seem to work in some cases.
Using a baseball bat from the Miscellania mod, I was unable to hit any mob that was currently being attacked by my Chunk Staff minion from the Varia mod.
I assume this is supposed to work for modded weapons?

Am I correct about this mod that,
while it doesn't work on multiplayer and give no effect on some special modded piercing,
it does no harm and only benefits you when it works?

Also, am I correct that minions' contact damage frequency is not related nor affected by this mod?
(e.g. stardust dragon vs calamity mod's mechworm)

Am I correct about this mod that,
while it doesn't work on multiplayer and give no effect on some special modded piercing,
it does no harm and only benefits you when it works?

Also, am I correct that minions' contact damage frequency is not related nor affected by this mod?
(e.g. stardust dragon vs calamity mod's mechworm)
It should work with most mod piercing. The issue is, however, that in multiplayer it sometimes causes no damage to be applied, meaning with its current multiplayer issues it can actually be detrimental to damage output, unfortunately.

It should work with most mod piercing. The issue is, however, that in multiplayer it sometimes causes no damage to be applied, meaning with its current multiplayer issues it can actually be detrimental to damage output, unfortunately.
I thought that is vanilla behaviour?

Update

Fix to work correctly with current version + Calamity.

Added a special case for dragon stuff to keep it damage same as vanilla. It his multiple segments which are different projectile types. Now they share same piercing immunity "slot".

Multiplayer still not supported.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom