Plantera Trouble

Hhadess

Terrarian
So I am having a lot of trouble against plantera (melee playthrough expert) and have been watching videos about how to defeat plantera but in all the videos plantera seemed easier. It came to my attention that since I used bombs to make my plantera arena I have blown away the background walls and I do not think I am in a jungle biome anymore. So do the dryads wall blocks counts as jungle walls and will they make plantera calm again? thankss

I dunno, but chances are that it's probably the case. Of course, I don't know if placing jungle walls work or not, but if it does...

upload_2019-2-24_0-4-58.png

Walls don't make the Jungle a Jungle, if I recall correctly. Only Jungle Grass can determine if the area you are in is, in fact, a Jungle Biome. Since you seem to be having trouble with the boss, I may suggest a few things:
  • Drink potions that increase your damage and suvivability(including ones procured from fishing materials)
  • Build a large arena that is playing the Jungle Music in the background to ensure the game thinks you are in the Jungle. If not, try to place some more mud blocks with Jungle Grass. You can do this by placing Jungle Grass Seed in the block. Ensure to place platforms to keep your momentum with hooks and so the Thorn Balls Plantera fires do not bounce around on your fighting ground. Place some Campfires and Heart Lanterns as well.
  • Try using high damage weapons like the Death Sickle or the Terra Blade you obtain from the Eclipse. Weapons like the Chlorophyte Partisan are not a great choice for this high-intensity fight.
  • Need more defense? Try wearing the Chlorophyte Helmet with the Turtle Breastplate and Turtle Leggings. This will maximize your defense at the time as well as give you decent damaging stats. (The Thorns effect for the full Turtle armor will obviously not help you in this situation.) If need be, try making your accessories Warding as well, for extra defense. If you are comfortable with your defense, try Menacing or Lucky.
  • This might be a no brainer, but ensure you have 500 health by consuming the max amount of Life Fruit Possible.
  • If you seem to be dodging too slowly, try obtaining wings such as the Frost Wings if you haven't already for maximum dodging potential.
That seems to be all I can muse of at the moment. If you need more tips, I'd be happy to oblige. :)

I dunno, but chances are that it's probably the case. Of course, I don't know if placing jungle walls work or not, but if it does...

View attachment 217181
I already have all these things except for the jungle music ... I think the hallowed music is playing in the background. I also noticed that plantera enrages then calms throughout the battle. Thanks!
[doublepost=1550941823,1550941807][/doublepost]
So I am having a lot of trouble against plantera (melee playthrough expert) and have been watching videos about how to defeat plantera but in all the videos plantera seemed easier. It came to my attention that since I used bombs to make my plantera arena I have blown away the background walls and I do not think I am in a jungle biome anymore. So do the dryads wall blocks counts as jungle walls and will they make plantera calm again? thankss
lmao!!

Parts of your arena are not in the jungle. Add some mud blocks around the edges of your arena and plant jungle seeds and let it spread to all the mud. That should prevent Plantera from enraging.

Back
Top Bottom