tModLoader Player & Enemy Stats Multipliers

Question was it your intention to make Mana cost of items be multiplied that seems "counter productive" if your focus was to increase Player mana.

and it makes it even worse when the Mana has a cap somewhere meaning it would get to a point where mana cost increase and players unable to use they're magic weapons.

woopsie had a bad line of code that stayed while testing stuff, new version will be out soon with a fix for that. it MAY have affected mana usage of weapons

woopsie had a bad line of code that stayed while testing stuff, new version will be out soon with a fix for that. it MAY have affected mana usage of weapons

thank goodness you have me here then cause i seem to be the most passionate with the project. It has so much potential and possibilities Its like the "Super Mario Maker" of Terraria mods <3 but with stats

and update 1.0.5 is live
forum changelog incoming

I tested the Crit Rate multiplier and removing all prefixes from weapons for each weapon type (1.0 > 2.0)

Melee 30% > 60%
Magic 14% > 28%
Ranged 14% > 28%
Throwing 36% > 36%
Summon 54% > 90%

(1.0 > 0.5)

Melee 30% > 15%
Magic 14% > 7%
Ranged 14% > 7%
Throwing 36% > 36%
Sommon 54% > 54%

something is a little weird with the summon
and It seems Throwing Weapons aren't effected.

The Mana multiplier is not effecting the Mana cost anymore that's fixed

EDIT : It also seems "GlobalPlayerDefenceMultplier" is working fine.

Last edited:
haha well ok that's kind of normal, cause there's no global crit multiplier on the player in code, it's separated by damage type and I found only the 3 who were next to each other in the properties, fix incoming. I will also add an item mana usage multiplier since I don't think I'll be able to circumvent the mana cap. so the other way around works too

Thanks.
[doublepost=1511725730,1511725462][/doublepost]seems like there is no summon crit property, it might be linked to other properties. unsure.

haha well ok that's kind of normal, cause there's no global crit multiplier on the player in code, it's separated by damage type and I found only the 3 who were next to each other in the properties, fix incoming. I will also add an item mana usage multiplier since I don't think I'll be able to circumvent the mana cap. so the other way around works too

Thanks.
[doublepost=1511725730,1511725462][/doublepost]seems like there is no summon crit property, it might be linked to other properties. unsure.

normally a sommon is not ment to crit in vanilla but some mods are able to give Minion crit chance.. so for any reason it does there should be support.

such as mods like these
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/pvt-fudgepantss-mods.59971/

they're is a mod called "Minions Crit"

not sure how your gonna pull this off but it seemed to have effected sommon crit in some way but not in reverse so its likely possible.

Summon 54% > 90%(2.0) and 54% > 54% (0.5)

Last edited:
the issue here is that crits are handled by damage type through player stats.
could probably handle it at item stage but then it might not take into account crit bonuses from other items & prefixes....

and I think I found why it's weird : From his thread : 4: Highest out of all damage types. so it is probably searching for the highest possible crit it can find & keeping it. e.g. issue would be in those configs & the other mods way it's programmed. that's probably why divisors (value under 1.0) don't work properly
I think it should work just fine if you let it stick to one of the other value 0 to 3

the issue here is that crits are handled by damage type through player stats.
could probably handle it at item stage but then it might not take into account crit bonuses from other items & prefixes....

and I think I found why it's weird : From his thread : 4: Highest out of all damage types. so it is probably searching for the highest possible crit it can find & keeping it. e.g. issue would be in those configs & the other mods way it's programmed. that's probably why divisors (value under 1.0) don't work properly
I think it should work just fine if you let it stick to one of the other value 0 to 3

Tested it Again Crit Multipliers and Mana Useage Multiplier from (1.0 to 0.5) and (1.0 to 2.0)

Mana 100 > 50
Throwing 36% > 21%
Summon 36% > 21%

Mana 100 > 200
Throwing 36% > 66%
Summon 36% > 66%

Ahh it seems they both seem to work in both directions

Im just curious would this mod ever in future not restric only on Global Modifiers ? And get as exampel individual Multiplier fro each Weapon type as exampel ??

Was just thinking about it would give alot more freedom on customizable stats.

Best regrads

err thanks for your input but I just don't think so. individual modifications should imho go directly into the balance of said mods, most of the big content mods have discords where you can give your input.
imagine mods like thorium, spirit, calamity with hundreds of items, all with their specific configuration ? no that's unthinkable. The previous mod had such a degree of configuration for each boss of each mod and imho with all due respect for the author, it was already a :red:ing mess. too much information kills information as they say.
Now if someone came up with a smart way to not have 998989898989898 config options & still allow this level of modification, then why not. the mod is open source, I'm open to pull requests.

What I want to do in the future though is add global per mod modifiers. However I want to actually do it in a smart way, e.g. I want to try a variable size array that can contain any number of elements, then each element would correspond to a mod name and it would modify that . This would mean that you don't have to have 9999 config options for each mod you don't use, it would simply add as many config options as the user added mod names to his config file.
However it would stay global, & not individual bosses & not individual items.

Any plans to bring this mod to be usable with the "Mod Settings Configurator" mod? If not, I'd like to make the suggestion of looking into doing so. That way people may not have to quit the game and able to adjust their settings mid-playthrough in case it's not to their liking. Just a suggestion, though.

I've been looking at it (you should be able to see my post in this mod thread) and... I'm interested in implementing it for this mod. As I said not sure yet of where it goes, also it might push the boundaries of it if I manage to implement what I talked about earlier.

also in multiplayer would probably need to be locked for non-host.... otherwise I'm pretty sure it would cause issues
edit: not even sure how properly it would work in multi when host dynamically changes values

Last edited:
I've been looking at it (you should be able to see my post in this mod thread) and... I'm interested in implementing it for this mod. As I said not sure yet of where it goes, also it might push the boundaries of it if I manage to implement what I talked about earlier.

also in multiplayer would probably need to be locked for non-host.... otherwise I'm pretty sure it would cause issues
edit: not even sure how properly it would work in multi when host dynamically changes values

i probably don't recommend anything that changes stats on the fly cause in multiplayer that WILL cause issues

Hmm you know what?.. i think a "GlobalCritDamageMultiplier" wouldn't be a bad idea after all <3 ...I Approve it!

Back
Top Bottom