PS4 Player Progress Loss on Crash

Synyster44

Terrarian
This was originally reported thru discord long before I myself experienced it, though the circumstances are slightly different. The user who first made me aware of the bug was playing in single player, whereas I was in splitscreen. We were on a fresh Journey Mode world, and I was hopping in and out every few minutes to drop some items for my fiance to research. She was building a castle. About 45 minutes in, the game crashed when I tried to rejoin. The world saved (probably due to me jumping in and out) but her character didn't. I had to drop her every item she had researched in the 45 minutes we'd been playing because her character reverted back to a state before creating this new world.

The user on discord experienced something similar, though I have no idea what could have caused it. They were playing solo, and their game crashed. They lost character-specific progress, but NOT world progress, i.e. their world was being saved periodically but their character was not for whatever reason.

I should also mention that autosave was turned on in all cases (both my fiance and I had it on when our game crashed, and the discord user had it on in their world as well). The game is much more stable since the update though, in 40 hours of playtime on my new Journey Mode character, the game has only crashed a single time, while before the update, it was crashing every 5 or so hours. So I can't exactly test if this issue happens consistently upon a crash.

This was originally reported thru discord long before I myself experienced it, though the circumstances are slightly different. The user who first made me aware of the bug was playing in single player, whereas I was in splitscreen. We were on a fresh Journey Mode world, and I was hopping in and out every few minutes to drop some items for my fiance to research. She was building a castle. About 45 minutes in, the game crashed when I tried to rejoin. The world saved (probably due to me jumping in and out) but her character didn't. I had to drop her every item she had researched in the 45 minutes we'd been playing because her character reverted back to a state before creating this new world.

The user on discord experienced something similar, though I have no idea what could have caused it. They were playing solo, and their game crashed. They lost character-specific progress, but NOT world progress, i.e. their world was being saved periodically but their character was not for whatever reason.

I should also mention that autosave was turned on in all cases (both my fiance and I had it on when our game crashed, and the discord user had it on in their world as well). The game is much more stable since the update though, in 40 hours of playtime on my new Journey Mode character, the game has only crashed a single time, while before the update, it was crashing every 5 or so hours. So I can't exactly test if this issue happens consistently upon a crash.
Hi @Synyster44 the dev team have been working hard and will have a patch for the auto save issue soon.

Back
Top Bottom