Switch Playing Online Nintendo Switch

mjavfc1

Terrarian
Hi, I recently got Terraria for my son on the Nintendo Switch. He also has the Nintendo Switch Online subscription.

When he tries to play Terraria online and attempts to join a game, there's no games to choose from.

Is this a technical problem? Issues with the servers? Or is no one hosting game?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• PXL_20211226_172814322.jpg
    PXL_20211226_172814322.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 147
I'm not entirely sure what your trying to get help with but Terraria's multiplayer has no dedicated servers run by the Developers. The multiplayer uses a 'Peer to Peer' connection which means that if your son wants to play terraria online he needs a friend to open a world through the multiplayer menu from the main menu. In a way there are no technical problems or issues with the non existent servers, your son just doesn't have anyone to play with over the internet right now.

I'm not entirely sure what your trying to get help with but Terraria's multiplayer has no dedicated servers run by the Developers. The multiplayer uses a 'Peer to Peer' connection which means that if your son wants to play terraria online he needs a friend to open a world through the multiplayer menu from the main menu. In a way there are no technical problems or issues with the non existent servers, your son just doesn't have anyone to play with over the internet right now.
Thanks for clarifying. We both didn't realise it was peer-to-peer only. I'm assuming this is the case on other consoles/PC as well?

Back
Top Bottom