Console Please add cross platform out with Xbox one, and pc

Me and my Brother love to play terraria we help each other out, but it would be awesome if you could just add cross platform. Not only would me and my brother be able to play together and everybody else would be able too.

Yes, mobile and pc users can play together if pc downgrades version from 1.3.5.3 to 1.3.0.7, and uses the mobile server.

OP asks for crossplatform between pc and xbox one though, and that's a different matter. Microsoft only allows cross platform if both uses Xbox Live for networking (Xbox Play Anywhere). Direct networking with pc outside the Xbox Live environment is currently not allowed for Xbox One. There are a few exceptions (Minecraft, Rocket League) but they use dedicated servers to serve as a bridge between the different platforms. That is obviously expensive and Re-Logic is only a small indie developer.

While they could add Xbox Live networking support to the pc, both platforms also needs to be on the same version content-wise. That won't happen for a while yet.

Last edited:
This might come about with the "One Terraria" initiative and the final 1.4 release. I don't think it's been officially confirmed though.

Back
Top Bottom