"Please launch game with Steam client"

Scribbles782

Spazmatism
I haven't opened the game in a while and now that I try to open it, no matter how I try it has that message and it looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/crL6X6w.png

Hopefully someone can help troubleshoot this issue. If I have to reinstall the game just tell me, I just don't want to do that unless I have to. Thanks in advance for any help!

The first thing I would do is restart steam and try again. Then, see if any other game is exhibiting this problem or just Terraria.

Just to be clear this isn't a pirated version of Terraria is it? In order for any of the fixes I suggest for this issue to work it needs to be a legal copy of Terraria, otherwise it's a whole other ballpark that I can't help you with.

Provided that's not the case, people with your same issue that couldn't get the previous methods to work found success in launching steam as an administrator. Let me know if you need to know how to do this.

If that doesn't work let's try a creative solution of installing tmodloader even if you don't plan on using any mods. Read the main post in that thread to see how to download and install it.

Just to be clear this isn't a pirated version of Terraria is it? In order for any of the fixes I suggest for this issue to work it needs to be a legal copy of Terraria, otherwise it's a whole other ballpark that I can't help you with.

Provided that's not the case, people with your same issue that couldn't get the previous methods to work found success in launching steam as an administrator. Let me know if you need to know how to do this.

If that doesn't work let's try a creative solution of installing tmodloader even if you don't plan on using any mods. Read the main post in that thread to see how to download and install it.
Whenever anyone asks for League of Legends help I tell them to run as administrator and after all this time, I never thought to try it here. Will try lol

And this is not pirated, perfectly legal acquirement of the game.

EDIT: Running as administrator didn't work and I actually did install Tmodloader because I used to use mods, but I may have uninstalled it because I stopped using said mods. I'll try installing it if I don't have it already.

EDIT2: It seems like I have the tmodloader stuff still on my computer.

Last edited:
Verifying the integrity of the steam cache would have uninstalled Tmodloder, which is the second thing I had you try. You will need to reinstall it so that we can see if that works.

Back
Top Bottom