NPCs & Enemies Please make merchant sell bottles.

Agree?

• Nope.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yep.

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a problem I have just noticed. being a player of mobile, I only get desert or snow biome on my world, I got snow. Now I have to go underground to find sand deposits that will run out by hardmode. That is why I declare that the merchant should sell bottles for 20 copper a piece, it is just more convenient for potion brewers.
If this is agreed with enough I might take the risk of linking cenx.

Last edited:
Although this would make potion-making easier, I don't know if it's really necessary. Aside from a lot of sand in the deserts (and even more deserts if you're playing a large world), there are a ton of sand pockets underground. I make potions constantly and have never run out of sand for glass.

It seems like a small convenience thing, kind of like how you can buy arrows instead of crafting them.

Although this would make potion-making easier, I don't know if it's really necessary. Aside from a lot of sand in the deserts (and even more deserts if you're playing a large world), there are a ton of sand pockets underground. I make potions constantly and have never run out of sand for glass.

It seems like a small convenience thing, kind of like how you can buy arrows instead of crafting them.

Well, that is my main use for merchant, none of his items are really needed, he just gives you time you would use crafting or hauling items (piggy bank & safe) back for money you already gain via fighting.

Also, I have mobile, so sand is almost nonexistent underground.

This is a problem I have just noticed. being a player of mobile, I only get desert of snow biome on my world, I got snow. Now I have to go underground to find sand deposits that will run out by hardmode. That is why I declare that the merchant will sell bottles for 20 copper a piece, it is just more convenient for potion brewers.
If this is agreed with enough I might take the risk of linking cenx.
......or you could use a sandgun with an ammo box for infinite sand.

Pre 1.3, getting 10 ant-lion mandibles was hard enough with access to a desert. Imagine trying to do that without one.
Sounds like a lot of brainpower. I'll do it later.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437007754,1437007668][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Antlions also create infinite sand, so they can be used to increase the desert's size, thus increasing their spawn chances.

I take back what I said before, Cenx, please have this a small add on for the next update with content?
You're talking mobile. Mobile is 505 territory. If it gets added in the next PC update (be it 1.3.0.6 or 1.3.1.0) it will still take forever before mobile gets it. No need to link anyone anyway, the Re-Logic admins do indeed skim through the suggestion forums.

You're talking mobile. Mobile is 505 territory. If it gets added in the next PC update (be it 1.3.0.6 or 1.3.1.0) it will still take forever before mobile gets it. No need to link anyone anyway, the Re-Logic admins do indeed skim through the suggestion forums.

Yes, it started as that, but it seems that more than a mobile player has agreed with me, the convenience of not tearing apart your desert or scouring I'm the (at the time) dangerous caverns for sand pockets. Like you said it is just a convenience.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437054088,1437054007][/DOUBLEPOST]And anyways the promise that it will eventually be in mobile is really enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom