NPCs & Enemies Please Read, 1.4 Boss Idea

LucaSchlo7

Terrarian
I think I have a good idea for Terraria 1.4, as a near endgame boss: Gaea, the goddess of the earth, in Greek mythology (Terra in Roman form). In Greek mythology, she betrays the gods, which is why I see her as a boss. I think she should be summoned by a new item called Olympic Blood that can be found in the underground corruption or crimson, where those orbs or crimson hearts are found. The item can be found after the Lunatic Cultist has been defeated. Once found, it can be placed in the ground, like an actuator, so no blocks need to be removed, which will summon Gaea. After you defeat Gaea, all of the corruption/crimson is replaced by whatever biome would be there without it, so there is no corruption/crimson, and they can be brought back with an item that Gaea drops upon defeat. That is my idea for a boss in a Terraria update. I would like to have this added.

Now to get to the fun part,
She has 42,000 hp
Drops:

Dirt Wave (25%), 65 dmg on the ground, 20 mana per wave, slow speed- Sends a wave of dirt at the mouse, click again to send dirt into the air, but the dirt will gradually get smaller in the air, doing less damage, but the damage and height of the wave stays the same on the ground. It can go through up to five enemies.
Earthen Sword (12.5%), 80 dmg, average speed- once hit, the sword will turn any enemy (except bosses) into stone, with a slightly decreased defense, for two seconds.
(Need name idea) (20%), 50 dmg, fast speed- machine gun that fires dirt blocks which explode on impact with the force of a grenade, consumes dirt.
Boulder Staff (12.5%), 60 dmg, 10 mana per boulder, fast speed- it shoots boulders from the sky
5-10 Greater Healing Potions
Evil Tablet
(100%)- Places the corruption or crimson back where they were when the world was first made.

Attacks:
First Stage:
•Gaea rises a few monsters out of the ground that can be killed as easily as zombies
•Gaea flies at the player, doing around 25 damage, but its not too fast, so it should be easy to dodge
•Gaea summons a few waves of dirt that flies up from the ground, going outward, doing about 30 damage each, with small knockback

Second Stage: Starts at 17,000 hp left
•Gaea's flying is faster and stronger
•Gaea's dirt waves are bigger, faster, and do more damage
•The enemies she spawns are stronger and she summons more
•She can now throw walls of dirt in a crescent shape at the player, the walls go through blocks and do about 20 damage, and she can throw up to 3 at a time in a burst

•She can now launch dirt into the air to hit the player

Feel free to go to this website if you wish to learn a little more about Gaea: http://www.theoi.com/Protogenos/Gaia.html

Last edited:
I do like the idea of Gaia being a boss, but not the post golem boss. If anything, it should be the post cultists/events, but before moon lord boss. You should also give us more info on what it would do and stats if you want more support.
That is the biggest problem, but Gaea was the mother of the titans and giants, both are enemies of the gods, so maybe they could be some sort of minion attack

Red: Wow, look at this suggestion that some random guy typed up in the forum!

Cenx: Wow, a half- written concept that completely rewrites our already planned update and provides little detail at all!

Yorazor: We must add this at ONCE!

Crowno: Onward!

^ I wish it was this way, but if you want this added you might want to do the following based on your goals:

"I want support"
Forumgoers like detailed suggestions with examples, sprites, puns, and references. Try putting a bit more effort into your idea.

"I want this added"
Developers usually add suggestions that provide a couple items and what they do. If you really want this added, make it less game-changing and more easy to add.

"I'm just writing this for fun"
If this is so, I have no buisness here. Enjoy life!

You do know that 1.4 isn't happening, right? And if it does actually happen, its not going to be nearly as big as 1.2 or 1.3.

You do know that 1.4 isn't happening, right? And if it does actually happen, its not going to be nearly as big as 1.2 or 1.3.
Well, my personal guess is that 1.4 will be the very final update, and it doesn't really add anything other than the promised mod support for the final update, since that in and of itself is a big enough thing to warrant it being called 1.4, if that makes sense.

One, 1.4 is likely not going to happen.
Two, there can't be a boss post-Moon Lord, as the Moon Lord itself is supposed to be the final boss - I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

One, 1.4 is likely not going to happen.
Two, there can't be a boss post-Moon Lord, as the Moon Lord itself is supposed to be the final boss - I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.
It'll be there. Sure, majority of Re-Logic is going to Otherworld, but at least two are still doing Terraria. And Moon Lord is Cthulu's younger brother. They were gonna add him in 1.4, I'm pretty sure, but maybe not????

The Moon Lord still isn't Cthulhu or Cthulhu's brother, he's really just a reference to Cthulhu. None of the team announced any plans for 1.4 either, so I'm not really sure where you got the idea that they were going to add Cthulhu in 1.4.

@Cenx posted they were either brothers or cousins. But i think it was cousins.
Cthulhu actually doesn't have a "brother", the only thing close would be Hastur, which is his half-brother. Who, by the way, is depicted as this: https://33.media.tumblr.com/576e08ce3956632b072cefe1e855b457/tumblr_inline_nf0298XDcy1qdurna.jpg Which looks nothing like the moon lord. Sorry to get so off topic, but people just blindly saying "teh moon lord is cthulhu's brother, cenx said so!!11!" gets on my nerves because usually they don't really know what they're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom