tModLoader Pokemmon - Pokemon Minion Mod

I wonder, this sounds broken cause it is, if we could have a secondary download that allows us to have more than 1 pokemon out at a time, Lol, it sounds very OP, but having minion builds makes me cringe when I am not able to summon more pokemon :p

Hey, just checking in with a question or two. Any plans on bringing this to 1.4 once tmodloader gets fully updated to that version? Also, how has the year been for you?

I wonder, this sounds broken cause it is, if we could have a secondary download that allows us to have more than 1 pokemon out at a time, Lol, it sounds very OP, but having minion builds makes me cringe when I am not able to summon more pokemon :p
once im back with development (soon) ill look into allowing this in some form. this will either be done with config files (if that's a thing with terraria mods?) or having a seperate version. thank you for the feedback!

Hey, just checking in with a question or two. Any plans on bringing this to 1.4 once tmodloader gets fully updated to that version? Also, how has the year been for you?
im definitely going to bring this to 1.4 once that opens up, and it shouldn't be too difficult to port due to how ive generated all the files using templates. the year has been good, thank you for asking! im getting the itch to start development on this again using my better knowledge of C#, so that is exciting :)

Hey @Sunfished, just started using the mod yesterday and I really love it. Im curious as to how frequently you plan to add content and which content has already been added. Flying Pokémon using the raven AI sounds perfect. Im not sure if the above comment means to say summoners can only have one Pokémon out at a time. If that's true it does seem like the summoner class would have to ignore Pokémon for regular summons, maybe you could clear that up for me?

im hoping to see unimplemented type effects get added, even if they are not unique. Example would be to say use the fire type illumination effect for electric type or ghost type Pokémon as well. It would go a long way to making the experience feel more complete and giving the other types something to do.

Last edited:
Hey @Sunfished, just started using the mod yesterday and I really love it. Im curious as to how frequently you plan to add content and which content has already been added. Flying Pokémon using the raven AI sounds perfect. Im not sure if the above comment means to say summoners can only have one Pokémon out at a time. If that's true it does seem like the summoner class would have to ignore Pokémon for regular summons, maybe you could clear that up for me?

im hoping to see unimplemented type effects get added, even if they are not unique. Example would be to say use the fire type illumination effect for electric type or ghost type Pokémon as well. It would go a long way to making the experience feel more complete and giving the other types something to do.
hi! to answer your questions:
  1. adding content is a bit scattered right now since i tend to move between many of my projects, so its hard to tell how frequently ill be able to update this mod. im planning to jump back into this though, so watch out for a new update soon!
  2. as of now, any player can only have 1 pokemon out at a time, but i dont remember exactly if this counts as a minion or not, (ie. pokemon dont take up a minion slot). i believe the poster suggested to remove the "1 pokemon per player" rule, which im looking into right now.
  3. i actually have most if not all the type effects programmed on my side, i just havent uploaded that new version yet. im waiting to add some more features before updating, such as mining for evolution stones and adding evolution items into enemy drop loots.
thank you for the feedback!

If this is a place that I can leave suggestions in, then I have a couple for type effects.
Electric: Gives Swiftness effect
Ghost: Gives Invisibility effect
Ice: Makes the player slide around
Dark: Increases attack when it’s nighttime

Hello @Sunfished, I just wanted to let you know that I love your mod and would love for continued development of it. I don't use a lot of mods, but this was one that I couldn't pass up on. The work that you have put into this mod is incredible and it is really appreciated. That being said, I would like to let you know about a bug that I may have found, along with some suggestions.

I may have been doing it wrong, but I just put 1,200 desert fossils through the extractinator and didn't receive any fossil pokemon. I also couldn't find any information on how the fossil pokemon worked and how to obtain them on your github wiki. Luckily I was able to find your posts on here for the information, but I feel that the average person may not see that. For a 1/30 chance with 1,200 fossils, I feel like it has to be bugged.

I have a couple of suggestions that I would like to offer:

- There is only 1 pokemon that I really want, a gastly. The thought of having to RNG 800+ pokemon at 35 gold a roll however is a bit frustrating. I would eventually love to buy more pokemon and experiment with various ones, but when I'm starting a new game and am flat broke, being able to have my favorite would be amazing. If there was some way to add a feature to buy a specific pokemon, maybe at an increased price. This would especially be great because I feel like most people who like pokemon enough to use a mod dedicated to it, have a favorite pokemon or 2. Being able to have the option to have their favorite pokemon following them from the start would be amazing.

- Having the option to have pokemon as pets instead of minions would also be great. Perhaps if you put the pokemon in a vanity or social slot, or the pet slot, it turns it into a pet instead of a minion. It could be accessory slots to let a user have up to 6 pets following them (I imagine a line of 6 pokemon behind you that probably just follow where you go and ignore collision or something), or perhaps add in an option to add in additional slots that could be the users pokebelt (so it doesn't take away from the users actual accessories/vanity slots).

- I see the issue with balancing and effects, especially when using multiple pokemon. I propose making it completely customizable. Let the user open up the config settings for the mod and select how many pokemon they want out, what they want the stats, modifiers, abilities, minion AI, ect... for each pokemon. If you add in a pokebelt, the settings could be tied to each slot. For example, pokeslot 1 can be configured to +5% damage, +5% defense, extra light, pirate minion AI, ect... Pokeslot 2 could be 3% for each stat with extra melee damage and a different minion AI. You could even add in presets. I would probably use a preset for if I'm using 1 pokemon that makes it a bit stronger, then a separate preset for 2 or 3 pokemon that makes them a little bit weaker. I suggest this because once again, people tend to have a favorite pokemon, and if its AI sucks, or it doesn't have the abilities you want, it's a shame. This would let the user completely customize their experience. If they want their pokemon to be OP, then it's their choice. If they want their pokemon to be weak or balanced, they can choose that too. If they'd rather just have these awesome looking pets (which is what I'd prefer, then they can have an entire pokemon team following them around).

I would like to note that some of these suggestions is because of annoyances that I have encountered with the mod. A lot of the AI for the pokemon I use get caught on nothing constantly. They spend most of the time trying to attack random enemies through walls. This makes me end up swapping them for other minions that I can rely on hitting enemies. The pokemon also seem to conflict with some summoning items. With the base limit of 1 summon, sometimes I can summon a pokemon and another minion. Sometimes I can not spawn another minion and a pokemon. For example, I am currently using the calamity summon item, deathstare rod. I can not summon a pokemon with this summon. The summon I was using before this however, I could. I am currently not using my pokemon because it's either this summon or the pokemon, and if I choose to use the pokemon, I basically have no summon since it rarely attacks anything.

Last edited:
Hey @Sunfished this mod looks amazing! If you're still updating this mod I'd love to add a suggestion if that's alright.

Looking at your item list it's super thorough but there is no Eviolite item! If you're unaware Eviolite increases defensive stats of not-fully-evolved/baby Pokemon. Eviolite - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Maybe for this mod an Eviolite could take up an equipment slot and buff the stat increases of any active NFE/baby summons. This way we could use our favorite baby or mid-stage mons and still get some of the benefits of their final evolution. Maybe just a x1.3 modifier to stats instead of pokemon's x1.5 to keep it balanced and still make the final evos have a slight edge over Eviolite NFEs.

It could be crafted with 3 Sapphires, 3 Rubies, 3 Emeralds, and 4 Diamonds. As a callback to gen 3 and 4 pokemon + it makes sense for the Eviolite's appearance. This would also make it available pre-hardmode but still requiring a bit of searching to get a hold of. If this recipe seems too easy for an equipment slot that constantly applies buffs the Eviolite could even be a 1 time consumable. Let me know what you think! :)

Hello @Sunfished, I just wanted to let you know that I love your mod and would love for continued development of it. I don't use a lot of mods, but this was one that I couldn't pass up on. The work that you have put into this mod is incredible and it is really appreciated. That being said, I would like to let you know about a bug that I may have found, along with some suggestions.

Hello! I'm glad you enjoyed the mod enough to comment, I have been too busy to really push an update but I am steadily working towards a new version that addresses most of the issues you brought up. To answer your concerns in order:
  1. Fossil Pokemon are indeed bugged right now, the next patch will fix that alongside some other issues that I've found since last year.
  2. A feature I would like to add in a future update would involve "sparking" for the Pokemon you want. This basically means that after summoning a specific number of times, you would be able to just pick the Pokemon you would want. This mechanic is something I'm still figuring out and would require me to learn more about how to create custom UI's and whatnot, which is sadly something I have a lack of time doing. For now, I'll go ahead and list the idea of being able to customize the starting list of Pokemon that the Professor sells as something to add in a future patch, just so players can just have fun with their favorite Pokemon.
  3. Having Pokemon in the vanity slots as pets is an interesting idea I've never heard of yet, I think it's very acceptable as something I'll try to add!
  4. A config file is currently something I've been working on that addresses a few of the problems regarding balance. It's not as advanced as what you suggest, however, but I am going to add your suggestions as something to attempt in a future update, thank you!
Thank you for taking your time to give feedback on this level of detail, I agree with a lot of your points and I 100% agree on this mod being a bit annoying with how the Pokemon works. It's a slow process but I will try my best to make it decent!

Hey @Sunfished this mod looks amazing! If you're still updating this mod I'd love to add a suggestion if that's alright.

Hello! Held items are currently being worked on and will appear in a future update. As of now, held items are planned to be equipped in a custom set of slots dedicated to the mod.

I have the evolution machine but I cant evolve my pokemon. I have an Applin, a Sweet apple so it can evolve, and even 30 XS rare candies just to be safe since it has 260 BTS, but it doesnt let me evolve it. Any solutions?

I have the evolution machine but I cant evolve my pokemon. I have an Applin, a Sweet apple so it can evolve, and even 30 XS rare candies just to be safe since it has 260 BTS, but it doesnt let me evolve it. Any solutions?

Confirming I have an issue too. I have Litwick's pokeball + 41 EXP Candy S as recepie browser says to evolve to Lampent, have the evolution machine placed, but nothing, can't craft. @_@

Confirming I have an issue too. I have Litwick's pokeball + 41 EXP Candy S as recepie browser says to evolve to Lampent, have the evolution machine placed, but nothing, can't craft. @_@
Can you evolve other pokemon? Cause now I'm scared to even try.

UPDATE: Cannot evolve or revive fossil pokemon. Idk if the mod is broken or bugged.

UPDATE 2: Started a new world just with the Pokemon mod enabled and still nothing. I"m thinking maybe its due to Tmodloder 1.3-Legacy, cause I honestly can't think of anything else.

Last edited:
Applin requires EXP Candy M, not XS. The candy type the Pokemon requires is based on the BST of the evolution. This is done to prevent getting Pokemon with BSTs that are very high for the current progression of the game.

This might be a bug as this should be the correct method to evolve it. Do you have any other mods installed?

Applin requires EXP Candy M, not XS. The candy type the Pokemon requires is based on the BST of the evolution. This is done to prevent getting Pokemon with BSTs that are very high for the current progression of the game.

This might be a bug as this should be the correct method to evolve it. Do you have any other mods installed?

Tons of other mods.

why i cant find this mod and after manual installed this mod i still cant play this mod in Tmodloader on steam?

Hey, I just started playing this mod yesterday (Absolutely amazing job by the way), and have discovered a bug. When you attempt to evolve a Rattata (Kantonian, not sure if it's the same with Alolan), it consumes the 20 candies required, and gives you another Rattata. Not a game-breaking bug, unless you are one of the 7 Raticate fans out there, but thought I should say something.

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    9.3 KB · Views: 61
Has this been updated to 1.4 yet? If not what is your suspected timetable? Not trying to be pushy. I am just super curious and would love to be able to download this mod on the modloader browser.

Back
Top Bottom