PC Possible 1.3.1 Easter Egg?

TheGamerMan757

Steampunker
So, while I was down in the caverns (pretty far down, close to lava) I was simply digging a tunnel when I heard the whoopee cushion noise show up. I have no idea why this happened but it did. It might have been an enemy or something, but I don't know what. There were no worms present, this was just purity biomes. I do know there were a couple armored skeletons and a hoplite present, as well as some bats. It's very puzzling so has anybody experienced this before? I think we may be on to something.

Edit: @KaiserYoshi helped me figure it out. It's the companion cube pet. I didn't see any other posts on the community forums about this so I assumed this wasn't something people knew about. Thanks for the help, KaiserYoshi. I have no idea why the devs did this. It keeps catching me off guard. XD

Last edited:
I think it also "stabs" you if in a dark area. Ive been having that happen, and it only happens if its out and im in a dark area.
Also, the companion cube DOES make fart sounds, although I can't figure out why for the life of me. Pretty funny though.

E1: By "Dark" i mean TOTAL darkness.

I think it also "stabs" you if in a dark area.

I saw a post on Steam community about the cube supposedly hurting you when unseen. I went and tested, and surely enough it actually works. Dang, that's creepy. Not only is the cake a lie, but the pet buff thumbnail is a lie. Yeesh...

I think it also "stabs" you if in a dark area. Ive been having that happen, and it only happens if its out and im in a dark area.
Also, the companion cube DOES make fart sounds, although I can't figure out why for the life of me. Pretty funny though.

E1: By "Dark" i mean TOTAL darkness.
Yeah, doesn't make too much sense to me too; all it ever did in Portal was A: be something heavy to hold down switches, and B: get used as a shield to deflect that insta-kill ion sphere (whatever it was called).
Also, in the comics linked in Portal 2, the Rat Man caries a companion cube all of the time, engaging in conversation with it... when he is off his meds.

Back
Top Bottom