Mobile Possible fix to cloud saves [Android]

Cloud save problems are the worst thing about mobile Terraria, but I may have finally found a cure. For coconte, this is my third phone. Cloud save worked fine between my oldest and ladl phone, but for a year now hadnt worked on my new Moto G6. Let me know if this works on any other phone models or if it didn't work for you. Also, a disclaimer, make sure you dont permanently delete your file, and if you have an older phone with it saved locally, keep that phone until youre sure cloud is fixed.

I backed up my characters and worlds to cloud on my old phone, and went to my new phone to pull from tjt cloud, but I coucould see any. I checked my drivez amd found 3 Terraria folders, one empty and one with 1 file for each character and world, then another with around 5 different saves for each, probably because id backed up multiple times on my old old device. I deleyed the empty and the overly full one, synced my gmail account, opened the app, and the characters were all still gone but one world was there. I exited the world after backing up local, and checked again and found all characters and both backed up worlds.

TL DR

1: Delete any extra Terraria folders from your google drive account.

2: Go to settings and sync your google account.

3: Open Terraria, go in an out of world a few times, and check cloud after every time.

Back
Top Bottom