Weapons & Equip Pre Hardmode Alternative For Rangers

What do you like/not like

• I like the process of obtaining the armor.

• I do not like the process of obtaining the armor.

• I like the _____ armor.

• I do not like the ______ armor.

• I like the crude bandage.

• I do not like the crude bandage.

• It needs a lot of work.

• Yes, I like them all.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TBNRWolf

Terrarian
*This thread is my first ever thread, and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. Yes, I know there are many other posts on this, but this is just my take.*

So, as I am sure you have all noticed, there is a lack of pre-hardmode armors for both Rangers and Summoners. Magic has Jungle, Meteorite, and the Gem sets, and melee has Shadow, Molten, and even Crimson in a way. But there is only Bee Armor for summoners and Necro armor for Rangers. So that's why I am proposing a new ranger armor: the Ranger's armor (crafted at any anvil). The point of this set is to provide a different style of Ranger pre-hardmode, one that focuses more on critical strike than damage and defense.

Ranger's Cap:
+10% Ranged Crit. Strike chance and +4 defense.

Crafted from 10 vines, 20 wood, 5 binding, and one plume

Ranger's Cloak:
+5% Ranged damage and +5 defense.
Crafted from 15 vines, 35 wood, 15 binding and one scarf

Ranger's Greaves:
+10% Movement Speed and +4 defense.
Crafted from 15 vines, 25 wood, 5 binding, and one belt

Set bonus: Double tapping down activates a stealth mode nearly identical to Shroomite armor, except the bonuses are +15% ranged crit. strike and +5% damage and velocity when fully charged.

Bindings are a new crafting material that have a 100% chance drop rate from anything with the plant AI, dropping 1-3 at a time. In addition to crafting the Ranger's set, 5 bindings make a crude bandage (crafted by hand). Crude bandages are a 1 time use consumable that heal 10 hp, do not inflict potion sickness, but only stack up to 5. The feather, scarf, and belt are each a 60% drop chance from the EoC, EoW/BoC, and the King Slime. In addition to making the armor, they each function as an accessory; plume is +5% crit chance, scarf is -2% damage taken, and the belt provides +3 defense.
*This idea is not set in stone and if I like your suggestion, I will make sure to add it to the thread and give you credit.*
*Sprites are greatly appreciated*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom