Sprites [Pre-Hardmode] Wooden Staff

Mister Creeper

Skeletron Prime
So I came up with a new Summoning weapon for early on summoners!

Wooden Staff.png

Wooden Staff
Damage: 5
Knockback: 3 (Very Weak)
Uses 10 Mana
Critical Chance: 4%
Usage Time: 25 (Average)
Tooltip: Summons an orb of Light to fight for you.
Rarity: White
Sell: 1
index.gif

This will summon a ball of Light that will continuously deal a base damage of 5 and has a 5% chance of causing Blind to your foes. It will stay above your head wherever you go. It has a brightness of 45% and damages any foes who enter it.
Obtained by Crafting: 20 Wood (Any)

Hope you guys like it! :dryadhappy:

Last edited:
By blind, do you mean darkness? Or would it be an entirely new status effect? Also, what does 45% brightness mean? Can you give an estimate on how bright that is, like maybe around the level of a shadow orb?

Otherwise, I like this. It's something to bridge the gap between the slime staff and nothing, though I do think a little wooden log like guy would have been more fitting.

By blind, do you mean darkness? Or would it be an entirely new status effect? Also, what does 45% brightness mean? Can you give an estimate on how bright that is, like maybe around the level of a shadow orb?

Otherwise, I like this. It's something to bridge the gap between the slime staff and nothing, though I do think a little wooden log like guy would have been more fitting.
Yeah I meant darkness sorry. As for the brightness, I looked on the wiki and the first light pet, being the Shadow orb, has 65% [I think] brightness. And we all know how dim that is. This is even weaker, meaning it only reaches about 3 tiles vertically and horizontally. So not that much brightness. And as for the stickman, @amenyoussef already came up with such an idea so I didn't wanna copy his.

if the summon was as fast as slimey from the slime staff then it would need a nerf. If you do intend it on being as fast as slimey then you should lower the damage to about 3 but I like the sprite

if the summon was as fast as slimey from the slime staff then it would need a nerf. If you do intend it on being as fast as slimey then you should lower the damage to about 3 but I like the sprite
Well I figured that wood wasn't all that strong yet not too weak, like the Wooden Sword does 7 Base damage and I didn't want the Wooden Staff to be super weaker in comparison to that. IMO, it's not really OP. It has little to no KB, 4% Crit Chance, Stays only above your avatar, and has a very poor reach. So if I did decrease the Damage, it would be utterly useless.

Well I figured that wood wasn't all that strong yet not too weak, like the Wooden Sword does 7 Base damage and I didn't want the Wooden Staff to be super weaker in comparison to that. IMO, it's not really OP. It has little to no KB, 4% Crit Chance, Stays only above your avatar, and has a very poor reach. So if I did decrease the Damage, it would be utterly useless.

so lower the attack speed. cause I dont think wood is very fast.

Back
Top Bottom